To apply for a position through Kelley Connect while you are studying abroad, you must do the following:
- You must indicate next to your name on your resume that you are studying abroad- like this:
(Study Abroad – Spring 2020) John H. Kelley
123 Smart Street
Bloomington, IN 47401
2. If you are INVITED to interview with a company, you must reach out to the contact in Kelley Connect to set up a virtual interview. If you need helping finding the contact information, email@example.com
Why do you need to do this? It allows the employers to understand you are NOT on campus and a virtual interview will need to be arranged. An employer may set up a different date for the virtual interview versus their on-campus interview date. If you do not complete this step, your ability to apply for jobs on Kelley Connect will be restricted.
3. Here are some other tips for your search while you are abroad:
- Learn what to do before, during and after your abroad experience
- Put the word out to friends and family to develop potential leads in the U.S.
- Do informational interviews with professionals in jobs of interest to you –You can network with IU and Kelley alumni!
- Develop your global brand by updating your resume & social media
Career coaches are still available to you via Skype, phone or through email. Please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions. We hope you have a wonderful experience!