Check out the Sophomore Friendly Hiring List to see which companies have recruited and hired sophomores in previous years!
What can I do to prepare for fall recruiting NOW?
- PRIOR to the first week of fall classes:
- Have a complete Kelley Connect profile
- Update your resume and upload it to Kelley Connect
- Check out this short video on how to complete your profile and upload your resume
- Talk to a Career Coach
A. Schedule a coaching appointment through Kelley Connect before classes start to talk about your fall recruiting strategy. (If you schedule an appointment before returning to campus, coaches are available via phone and Web. Just add your contact info to the notes section)
B. Get your questions answered during 1-1 Coaching – no appointment needed times 10:00am – 4:00pm from 8/27 to 9/14
C. Stop by the Front Desk and ask the Peer Career Coaches about their experiences
- Create a target list of companies you want to work for and see who is coming to the Career Fair by logging in to Kelley Connect
- Check out these STAFF PICKED research sites to learn more about companies you are interested in
- Watch this short video and read this article to learn how to NETWORK at employer events to build relationships and learn more about companies
- Reach out to Employers and Build Your Network Through Informational Interviews. See below for ideas of which professionals to reach out to:
- “FRANK” (Friends, Relatives, Acquaintances, Neighbors, Kelley Alumni)
- LinkedIn – read about a Kelley students success using LinkedIn to network!
- Kelley Alumni Networks – Connect with the Kelley Alumni Leaders