Trying to keep your resume to 1 page?
You just added your summer job or internship to your already packed resume and now it’s two pages. Here are some ideas to create more space and keep it to one page.
- Remove your high school information
- Remove Kelley School of Business Direct Admit – as the entering class size grows each year, this has become less of a unique selling point
- Place any minors on the same line as major, separated by a semi-colon
- If you have several academic honors and scholarships listed, pick the 2-3 most significant to you and remove the rest. If your GPA is high, this also reinforces your strong academic achievement
- Remove any “filler” bullet points – you know, those bullet points you added just to fill space on your resume. They are the same ones you wouldn’t have much to elaborate on in an interview
- Remove anything under “Skills/Interests” that is not unique and compelling