Many companies are now conducting interviews through video and web-conferencing services.
Here are a few tips to help you prepare for these virtual and pre-recorded interviews –
- Make sure your technology is working. Check the internet connection, lighting, and sound.
- Prep your interview environment so what the recruiter sees is professional and the room is free of any background noise.
- Keep it professional – this includes your username, profile picture, and attire (business suit, unless the recruiter specifies otherwise).
- Be aware of your body language – look at the webcam to give the illusion of eye contact and don’t slouch.
- Do a practice run with a trusted friend – this way you can go through some interview questions and test the technology.
Note: The link above is great for pre-recorded interviews such as HireVue)