Don’t miss out on an opportunity to explore different careers and network!
Job Shadow experiences are designed to expose freshman and sophomores to a day in the life of an employee. Typically an entire or half day and are scheduled on a specific date during breaks:
*Winter Break January 2-4, 2019 & Spring Break March 11-15, 2019
Steps to navigate job shadow opportunities:
- Review and evaluate employer opportunities on Kelley Connect and Student Job Shadow Guide
*Under the “Jobs” tab in Kelley Connect
*Do an Advanced Search and select “Career Exploration”
- Compare job shadow location and date with your calendar (Make sure to talk to your parents!)
- Apply on Kelley Connect – see the UCS Help Desk if you need assistance
- If an employer selects you for a job shadow – you will receive an e-mail with details about the opportunity
Things to consider:
- Are you available?
- Do you have transportation?
- Are you still interested?
*If yes, hold.
*If no, email the employer your decline and thank them. This will allow another student the same opportunity
5. Review ALL offers before accepting any (once you accept an invitation you are expected to attend)
6. Accept your top choice(s). You are able to attend multiple job shadows as long as the times do not conflict (remember to consider transportation time)
*If you are not able to attend email the employer ASAP*
7. If selected to participate in a Job Shadow you must attend the UCS Pre-departure Job Shadow Workshop – December 7, 2018
8. Complete the post job shadow survey to help other students