August 24, 2021
We are glad to have you back on campus and look forward to meeting many of you during a visit to the Prebys Center, our recruiting events, Kelley2Career (K2C) workshops, and coach appointments!
What do you need to know to be ready for recruiting? And do you want some free pizza?
CAREER FAIRS & NETWORKING NIGHTS
The UCS will be hosting a number of Career Fairs and Employer Networking Nights (ENN) this fall. Save the dates and take advantage of the opportunity to connect with company representatives. These events will take place virtually. You must register for these events and sign up for group sessions or one-on-one slots with the firms you have interest in. Sign up early as there are limited slots, and they will fill up quickly. See Handshake for details and registration information.
- Kelley Presents the Big 4 Chat – Wednesday, Sept. 1
- Accounting Networking Night – Thursday, Sept. 2
- Employer Networking Night – Thursday, Sept. 9
- Consulting Services/Technology Career Fair – Friday, Sept. 10
- Professional Services Career Fair – Tuesday, Sept. 14
- Healthcare/Pharmaceuticals/Life Sciences Career Fair – Wednesday, Sept. 15
- Consumer Markets/Manufacturing Career Fair – Wednesday, Sept. 22
- Employer Networking Night – Tuesday, Sept. 28
- Employer Networking Night – Tuesday, Oct. 12
BUT THAT’S NOT ALL!
On top of the events above, employers will also be hosting individual company events. Some of these events will be virtual. Some may be in person. The key during this recruiting season is flexibility! The various career centers at IU are also organizing career fairs and programs which are open to Kelley students. Check the details of each event in Handshake.
6 STEPS YOU CAN TAKE TO GET RECRUITING READY
- Get your resume in the Kelley format and make any updates necessary. These are the available opportunities to get help with your resume this week:
- Our annual Resume Blitz – Thursday, August 26 from 7-9pm – drop by the Prebys Center for a quick 5-10 min. resume review.
- Kelley Resume Sessions – The coaching team will be offering resume reviews in groups so we can help the greatest number of students possible requesting resume help. Resume sessions will be offered for juniors and seniors who have incorporated feedback from their Compass II resume and added internships or new experiences. Sessions will also be offered to first-year students and sophomores who have not yet taken Compass II and are just getting started with a resume. See Handshake to register under the Events tab. Events are titled “Kelley Resume Sessions”.
- Update your Handshake profile and make it visible to companies by selecting the “Community” or “Employers” setting.
- Be sure to update your Class Year in Handshake, if needed. The class year field is fed by the registrar and based on credit hours. Make sure your class year is aligned with your graduation date so that employers will know when you’ll be available in the job market.
- Use the Jobs & Events tabs and write down important recruiting events on your calendar and start applying for internship and full-time job opportunities.
- NETWORK – talk to fellow classmates who interned at companies of interest and recent alums, family or other contacts who are in your target jobs or at your target companies.
- Meet with a career coach – we can help no matter what stage of the career process you are in!
Stop by the Prebys Center on Thursday, Aug. 26 from 11:30am-1:30pm (or while supplies last) and join us at the UCS Welcome Back Pizza Party. The UCS team is excited to see all of you again and will be available to answer any questions you might have!
ARE YOU INTERESTED IN A GLOBAL CAREER?
Did you know? As an IU Kelley student, you not only have access to our Kelley Undergraduate Career Services, but to various global career/job search resources and events (all for FREE!)? IU Career Services Council also has a dedicated group (International Students Careers Committee) committed to support both international students and domestic students interested in global opportunities. To help the Committee better serve YOU in your international career search and endeavors, please fill out this short survey!
FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM
In addition to us posting important career information on social media, employers will be taking over our Instagram account throughout the semester. Follow @KelleyUCS to see what the UCS and our employers have to share with you.
Kelley Resume Books
Kelley UCS wants to promote you to employers. If you are a Kelley Senior or Junior, follow these steps to be included in the UCS resume books that will be shared directly with employers who are hiring. Employers may request resumes of candidates, so we recommend uploading your resume as soon as possible to help maximize your visibility to companies.
Are you trying to decide on an offer from your summer employer? Here are some resources to help:
1st Year Students/Sophomores:
What Can You Do With Your Kelley Major?
Explore the “Career Insights” tab on our website. Use labor market data and learn about different career possibilities.