August 31, 2021
Recruiting gets a fast and furious start during the fall semester. The UCS coaching team is on hand to help you prep. Make a 20-minute appointment on Handshake or stop by during our drop-in hours Monday-Friday 10am-3pm for quick 5-10 min. questions.
What else is going on?
CAREER FAIRS & NETWORKING NIGHTS
The UCS will be hosting several Kelley Career Fairs and Employer Networking Nights (ENN) this fall. Take advantage of these opportunities to connect with companies. These events will take place virtually. You must register for these events AND sign up for group sessions or one-on-one slots with the firms you have interest in. Sign up early as there are limited slots, and they will fill up quickly. See Handshake for details and registration information.
- Employer Networking Night – Thursday, Sept. 9
- Consulting Services/Technology Career Fair – Friday, Sept. 10
- Professional Services Career Fair – Tuesday, Sept. 14
- Healthcare/Pharmaceuticals/Life Sciences Career Fair – Wednesday, Sept. 15
- Consumer Markets/Manufacturing Career Fair – Wednesday, Sept. 22
- Employer Networking Night – Tuesday, Sept. 28
- Employer Networking Night – Tuesday, Oct. 12
ATTENDING ONE OF THE VIRTUAL EVENTS ABOVE?
Participate in one of these to help you prepare:
- K2C: Virtual Career Fair Prep Tips and Strategies – Friday, Sept. 3
- K2C for International Students: Preparing for Virtual Career Fairs + Virtual Networking – Friday, Sept. 3
- Handshake Practice Fair – Friday, Sept. 3 – Get a sense for how the Handshake virtual platform works and work out the technology kinks before the real deal when you are in front of an employer!
TIPS FOR GETTING STARTED ON HANDSHAKE
- Recommended browsers to use Handshake are Chrome or Firefox.
- Complete your profile. Handshake utilizes the information you include to drive its algorithm and promote opportunities that would be specific to your interests. The more complete your profile the more likely you will be able to see opportunities of interest.
- Upload your most recent resume.
Click here for more Handshake Tips.
ARE YOU INTERESTED IN A GLOBAL CAREER?
Did you know? As an IU Kelley student, you not only have access to our Kelley Undergraduate Career Services, but to various global career/job search resources and events (all for FREE!)? IU Career Services Council also has a dedicated group (International Students Careers Committee) committed to support both international students and domestic students interested in global opportunities. To help the Committee better serve YOU in your international career search and endeavors, please fill out this short survey!
FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM
In addition to us posting important career information on social media, employers will be taking over our Instagram account throughout the semester. Follow @KelleyUCS to see what the UCS and our employers have to share with you.
Kelley Resume Books
Kelley UCS wants to promote you to employers. If you are a Kelley Senior or Junior, follow these steps to be included in the UCS resume books that will be shared directly with employers who are hiring. Employers may request resumes of candidates, so we recommend uploading your resume as soon as possible to help maximize your visibility to companies.
Are you trying to decide on an offer from your summer employer? Here are some resources to help:
1st Year Students/Sophomores:
What Can You Do With Your Kelley Major?
Explore the “Career Insights” tab on our website. Use labor market data and learn about different career possibilities.
Workshop on Workshops (Virtual) – TODAY, Aug. 31
Charles Schwab Wealth Management Workshop Call-Out Meeting – Tuesday, Sept. 7