September 14, 2021
Don’t forget the Professional Services Virtual Career Fair – TODAY, Tuesday, Sept. 14. This is followed by the Healthcare, Pharmaceuticals, Life Sciences Virtual Career Fair – TOMORROW, Wednesday, Sept. 15.
IMPORTANT CAREER FAIR & EMPLOYER NETWORKING NIGHT (ENN) NOTES:
- Participation is a 2-step process: (1) Register on Handshake for each event AND (2) Sign up for group sessions and 1:1 sessions with your firms of interest before they fill up. Solely registering does NOT get you in front of employers!
- To sign up for Group or 1:1 sessions, your profile privacy must be set to “Community”.
- Employers are only participating in one Kelley career fair according to their Handshake industry. They will have representatives from the various functions for which they are hiring.
- Check back 48 hours prior to the fairs for additional 1:1 sessions that have opened.
- Virtual does not mean optional! Several employers have shared that some students who have scheduled time with them have been no-shows. Ghosting an employer does not bode well for future employment opportunities. If you schedule a time to meet with an employer during a career fair or ENN session, SHOW UP and log in on time! The employers know who is on their schedule and will document and remember a no show.
- Technical difficulty or day-of-event questions? Our Zoom front desk will be available via the link or by clicking “Join Virtual Help Room” in Handshake during the event.
RESUME BOOKS? WHAT ARE THOSE ANYWAY?
A resume book is a digital compilation of students’ resumes, by major and graduation year, that the UCS makes available for hiring employers at their request. This helps us promote you to companies! However, uploading your resume to Handshake does not automatically include you in the resume book – you have to follow these steps. Employers request resumes of students who are in the job market, so if this is you, upload your resume as soon as possible to help maximize your visibility to companies.
BACK TO THE BASICS
As we get into the rhythm of the campus recruiting season, the swirl of activity is plentiful. Job search advice abounds but getting back to the basics can help focus you on the activities that yield the most results. Read more about 6 Job Search Tips That Are So Basic People Forget Them.
TO SHAKE OR NOT TO SHAKE?
ARE YOU INTERESTED IN A GLOBAL CAREER?
Did you know? As an IU Kelley student, you not only have access to our Kelley Undergraduate Career Services, but to various global career/job search resources and events (all for FREE!)? IU Career Services Council also has a dedicated group (International Students Careers Committee) committed to support both international students and domestic students interested in global opportunities. To help the Committee better serve YOU in your international career search and endeavors, please fill out this short survey!
Kelley 2 Careers (K2C): Have A Virtual Interview? Get Prepared!
Friday, Sept. 17
Kelley Consumer Markets & Manufacturing Career Fair (Virtual)
Wednesday, Sept. 22
Instagram Takeovers – THIS WEEK
Aldi – Friday, Sept. 17
OTHER EVENTS & KEY DATES
Study Abroad Information Session
Thursday, Sept. 16
O’Neill Fall Career Fair (Virtual)
Friday, Sept. 17
College of Arts & Sciences Fall Career and Internship Fair (Virtual)
Monday, Sept. 20
College of Arts & Sciences Fall Career and Internship Fair (In-Person)
Tuesday, Sept. 21
Forte’ Foundation Virtual Conferences: Candid Conversations for Black, Latinx & Native American Undergraduate Women; Fast Track to Finance Conference; Undergraduate Campus Leadership Summit – Registration Deadline
Thursday, Sept. 23
1st Year Students
- Get Involved – Join an IU Student Organization
Our coaches can help! Make an appointment on Handshake or stop by during drop-in hours Monday-Friday 10am-3pm for quick 5-10 min. questions.