January 25, 2022
KELLEY EMPLOYER NETWORKING NIGHTS (ENNs)
**Please note changes to 2 ENN’s highlighted below
If you are seeking a summer internship or full-time job opportunity, don’t miss the chance to meet with recruiters during the remaining ENNs this spring.
- Virtual ENN – Tuesday, Feb. 1 – NEXT WEEK! **FORMAT CHANGED FROM IN-PERSON**
- Virtual ENN – Tuesday, Feb. 10 – **DATE CHANGE FROM FEB. 15**
- In-Person ENN – Thursday, Feb. 24
Look at these prearranged recruiting events as low-hanging fruit to connect with potential employers on the same day and within a condensed time frame! Details are listed and registration for these events is open on Handshake. Be sure to check Handshake regularly for possible event changes as pandemic conditions continue to evolve.
Please make a coach appointment via Handshake and reach out if you have questions. Stop by the UCS to meet with a peer coach for quick (5-10 min.) questions during our daily drop-in hours, Monday through Friday from 10am-3pm.
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO TO ATTEND A KELLEY ENN?
Registration is required on Handshake for all Kelley ENNs, whether the event is virtual or in-person.
For VIRTUAL ENNs, use Handshake to:
- Update your profile and make it visible to companies by selecting the “Community” or “Employers” setting.
- Register for the event.
- Sign-up for group sessions or one-on-one slots with your companies of interest. (If you do not complete this step, you will not be able to meet virtually with any employers)
For IN-PERSON ENNs, use Handshake to:
- Register for the event.
- Review the list of participating companies so you can identify and research employers of interest.
VIRTUAL ≠ OPTIONAL
I’m not sure why, but it feels easier to no show for a virtual event. Maybe it’s because, while we have good intentions to attend, we get busy or forget and know we usually have access to the recorded version. However, when it comes to recruiting events and the opportunity to connect live with employers, there are no options for a recorded version. For a number of these events the UCS organizes, it includes professionals taking time out of their day to connect with you about opportunities. If you’ve selected a time slot or signed up to attend an event, your attendance or NON-attendance is noticed. Please be professional and attend events you’ve signed up for. Recruiters do keep track of no shows so if you sign up, show up!
UCS RESUME BOOKS – HELP US PROMOTE YOU TO COMPANIES STILL HIRING
A resume book is a digital compilation of students’ resumes, by major and graduation year, that the UCS makes available for hiring employers at their request. This helps us promote you to companies! However, uploading your resume to Handshake does not automatically include you in the resume book – you have to follow these steps. Employers request resumes of students who are in the job market, so if this is you, upload your resume as soon as possible to help maximize your visibility to companies.
REPORT YOUR OFFER & GET “KELLEY HIRED” SWAG
If you have secured an internship or full-time offer or have made the decision to go to graduate school next year, congratulations! Please report your offer on our website. The UCS collects employment statistics on behalf of the school and this information is helpful for current and prospective students, as well as employers. Be assured that any information you report, is strictly confidential and reported only in aggregate.
Once you have reported your offer or grad school decision, come by the UCS to pick up your free “Kelley Hired” t-shirt, cap, or mug. Be sure to post on social media with your new swag and tag @KelleyUCS #KelleyHired to be featured in our stories.
UNFILTERED CAREER SEARCH (UCS) PODCAST
The Unfiltered Career Search podcast is back for Season 2! Created by Kelley UCS peer coaches, JP, Michelle, Shiv & Hannah, the podcast takes a bi-weekly dive into topics surrounding career, college recruiting and the struggles that come with it all. Check out the first episode of the season!
OTHER UPCOMING EVENTS
- Luddy School of Informatics, Computing, and Engineering Spring 2022 Career Fair (Virtual) – TODAY – Tuesday, Jan. 25, 11am-4pm
- IU College of Arts + Sciences Winter Career + Internship Fair (Virtual) – Monday, Jan. 31, 2-5pm
- O’Neill Spring Career Fair (In-Person) – Thursday, Feb. 3, 2-5pm
Juniors & Seniors
- First-Year Resume Writing Workshop – Friday, Jan. 28, 12-1pm