May 3, 2022
Kelleys – we hope that you all have a great summer! Class of 2022 – Congratulations on your graduation from IU! Have questions about career planning or your current/future internship or job search? UCS coaches will be available this summer by appointment. Appointments can be arranged in person or virtually if you will not be on campus. Make an appointment on Handshake – we would be happy to help!
We are thrilled to officially announce our UCS Photo Mirror sponsored by BKD. You can use the Photo Mirror to take fun group photos or to capture your Kelley Hired swag after you report your offer. Pictures can be emailed to you so stop in and enjoy the UCS Photo Mirror!
LOOKING FOR A QUIET PLACE TO STUDY?
Space is available for quiet study at the Prebys Center through Thursday of this week from 9am-4pm. Snacks and coffee are a bonus!
“I DON’T KNOW THAT YET” – STARTING A NEW JOB OR INTERNSHIP
Many of you will be starting a new job or internship soon. While it is exciting to meet new colleagues and learn a new role, it can also be overwhelming. Get some tips for “How to Save Yourself from ‘Information Overload’” when joining a company and beginning a new job.
INTERESTED IN A GLOBAL CAREER?
With the summer approaching, it is time to plan and network! If working abroad is on your agenda, this is the time to network and explore. Would that be during your internship, family reunion, travels?
Here are a few more ideas to consider:
- Follow the Kelley School of Business, including UCS, on social media – learn about global opportunities and professionals to network with
- International Alumni Chapters are another resource to connect with alumni around the world!
- Global Gateways, with a presence in India, China, Europe, Mexico, and the ASEAN region, provide great resources to follow on social media, allowing you to learn about important topics in each region while also connecting with professionals and alumni
- Passport Career: explore employment, internship, volunteer and other opportunities. Also, you can find extensive resources, guidance, strategies, and tools to help you make your career move!
- Lockin China, a must if you are looking for a career in China!
- Be mindful of different immigration regulations that would apply to you. IU has established a partnership with Fragomen, the leading provider of end-to-end corporate immigration services and solutions worldwide, to help you with this step.
UNFILTERED CAREER SEARCH (UCS) PODCAST – Don’t Miss Our Last Episode for Season 2!
It’s our FINALE for UCS podcast Season 2! Take a break from studying or packing (if you’re moving out of your dorm/apartment/house for the summer) and check out our LAST episode—“UCS Podcast OGs: Where Are They Now?” this semester. We’re bringing back the three podcast hosts who started this all, the OGs—Amanda, Sabrina, and Sophie. Find out how their lives have been since graduation and what helpful, motivational advice and tips they have for our soon-to-graduate Kelley seniors and rest of the Kelley student population!
Missed an episode or want to catch up on all of them this summer, no worries, find them HERE!
LET US KNOW WHERE YOU LAND: REPORT YOUR OFFER & GET “KELLEY HIRED” SWAG
If you have secured an internship or full-time offer or have made the decision to go to graduate school next year, congratulations! Please report your offer on our website. The UCS collects employment statistics on behalf of the school and this information is helpful for current and prospective students, as well as employers. Be assured that any information you report, is strictly confidential and reported only in aggregate. Once you have reported your offer or grad school decision, come by the UCS to pick up your free “Kelley Hired” t-shirt or mug.