September 13, 2022
The UCS has partnered with over 200 companies who are interested in recruiting YOU! Don’t miss this week’s 2 virtual career fairs. These events provide many opportunities to connect with employers. Engage and learn!
- Kelley Fall 2022 Career Fair Day 1 (virtual) – Tuesday, Sept. 13
- Kelley Fall 2022 Career Fair Day 2 (virtual) – Friday, Sept. 16
To participate, follow these steps:
- In Handshake, set your profile visibility to “Community” or “Employers”.
- Register for the events.
- Sign up for group or 1:1 sessions with companies in which you have interest.
If you don’t sign up for group or 1:1 sessions, you won’t have an opportunity to engage with employers. You must take that step. No slots available? Let us know!
WE CAN HELP
There is a lot going on this recruiting season and it can be overwhelming. Don’t know where to start? Questions about career planning and your search?
Come see a UCS coach. We are available during daily drop-in hours Monday-Friday from 10am-3pm and by appointment in Handshake. If you are interested in practicing your interview skills, we also have peer coach mock interview hours on Thursdays from 3-5pm.
BONUS VIRTUAL EVENT TIP – SHARING YOUR RESUME
When meeting with an employer 1:1 during one of the upcoming virtual events, follow these steps to easily share your resume:
- Upload a PDF version of your resume to your google drive (or any other cloud-based storage you use).
- Copy the share link to a word document or some other location you can easily access during your 1:1.
- If you choose to rename the link to a shortened version, use Bitly or another similar application. (Renaming the link in the word document will not copy correctly to the chat feature on Handshake).
- Have the link copied to your clipboard and ready to share when attending your 1:1 sessions.
WHAT DO I DO WHEN THE CAREER FAIR IS OVER?
How do you follow up after a career fair? What is the best way to prepare for an interview?
Join one of our career coaches for our K2C #WednesdayWisdom Career Chats (@KelleyUCSCoaches) tomorrow, Wednesday Sept. 14. This informal roundtable session will be done in-person at the Prebys Career Center.
- K2C #WednesdayWisdom Career Chats – Career Fair Recap + Interview Prep – Wednesday, Sept. 14, 12:30p.m. – 1p.m.
You can also send in your fall recruiting/career fair/interview prep questions in advance via DM on Instagram (@KelleyUCSCoaches).
WONDERING ABOUT CAREER PATHS IN FINANCE?
Join us to listen to a panel of finance professionals and chat with them afterwards at next week’s Kelley Lunch & Learn Career Highlight Series: Careers in Finance. **Please note: this event is currently at capacity. Students on the waitlist will be notified as spots open.
EMPLOYER INSTAGRAM TAKEOVERS @KelleyUCS
- Charles Schwab – Wednesday, Sept. 14
- Claro Healthcare – Thursday, Sept. 15
- TTI – Monday, Sept. 19
MORE TIPS FOR VIRTUAL EMPLOYER EVENTS
Several recruiting events this semester are virtual. Here is a quick-read – Attending a Virtual Career Fair? Here Are 10 Tips You Need to Know – for tips on how to prepare.
UNFILTERED CAREER SEARCH (UCS) PODCAST
New Episode Alert! Check out the latest episode of Season 3 of the Unfiltered Career Search podcast! With fall recruiting in full swing, in our latest episode, three Kelley seniors share their summer internship insights, as well as some of their best tips for fall recruiting success! Created by returning and new Kelley UCS peer coaches, JP, Hannah, Michelle, Shiv, Laasya, Lydia, and Maddie, the podcast takes a dive into topics surrounding career, college recruiting and the struggles that come with it all. Watch for new episodes biweekly.
- O’Neill Business Administration and Management Career Focus Fair (in person) – Wednesday, Sept. 14
- O’Neill Government and Consulting Career Focus Fair (in person) – Thursday, Sept. 15
- Kelley Employer Networking Night (in person) – Tuesday, Sept. 20
- IU Public Health, Social Work & Counseling Career Fair – Hosted by Schools of Public Health, Social Work, and Education (in person) – Tuesday, Sept. 20
- O’Neill Environment and Sustainability Career Focus Fair (in person) – Tuesday, Sept. 20