As you are wrapping up the Fall 2022 semester, make sure to take time for yourself. Also, stop by UCS for free coffee and snacks, and to chat with our peer coaches about how to best utilize this winter break!
Because winter break is the time to network and apply!
Career related questions? Need your resume reviewed? Practice interview skills? Schedule an appointment with a career coach!
In case you are still not clear on CPT and OPT:
UCS Peer Coaches’ Tips
- We love to talk about our career paths, ups and downs. Drop in to chat!
- Talk to non-international students about their career strategies, networking tips, etc. Exchange your ideas—you may learn more than you expect!
- Check Passport Careers and Jobs Database for open positions.
Your Action Steps for this Month:
- Check employment opportunities on the IUB Campus! Under job family, select part time student employee, for example. Your visa should allow you to work on campus, however, do check in with OIS before you accept any position.
- Strategize on how to use your cultural diversity and home region’s knowledge as an advantage during networking events or informational interviews. Be proud of the knowledge and skills you are bringing from back home!
- Set a time each week during the break for career enhancement, thinking about where you are and where you want to be this summer!
- Remember: LinkedIn Learning is available for free to IUB students.
Login to Handshake for a complete listing of all UCS related events, particularly the events in January!