April 18, 2023
A reminder of events this week:
- UCS End of the Year Pizza Party Celebration – Wednesday, April 19th 12-2pm
- K2C – Ongoing Recruiting + Just-in-Time Recruiting – Wednesday, April 19th 12:30-1pm
- International Students: Maximize Your IU Network – Thursday, April 20th 10-11:30am
- Luddy School of Informatics, Computing, and Engineering Fall 2023 Career Fair (IN-PERSON) – Wednesday, September 20th 11am-4pm
Coming up next week:
- South Bend Regional International Talent Career Fair (VIRTUAL) – Tuesday, April 25th 10am-4:30pm
The UCS wants to celebrate YOU as we head into the close of the academic year. Swing by the Prebys Center on Wednesday, April 17th from 12-2pm to grab a slice of pizza and stay to chat with friends and the UCS peer coaches and professional team.
TIPS & FACTS FROM THE COACHING CORNER
DID YOU KNOW?
- Just-in-time hiring happens year-round! Recruiters and companies are still seeking qualified candidates via Handshake and LinkedIn. If you’re struggling with your job or internship search, come meet with a career or peer coach and let’s talk about it and come up with a strategy!
TELL ME MORE ABOUT THAT
- Did you recently send out some applications that you have not heard back on yet? Are you wondering what to do next? Check out this short article about how to properly and effectively follow up on a job application.
- You don’t have to launch right into your career. Do you have an offer but want to defer? Maybe you don’t have an offer and are not ready to launch into the corporate world. The Fulbright-Garcia Robles Binational Business Grant is a fantastic opportunity to utilize your global skillset, enhance your resume, and gain worldly experience.
#WEDNESDAYWISDOM CAREER CHAT: ONGOING + JUST-IN-TIME RECRUITING
Looking for internship or full-time opportunities? Recruiting is ONGOING, and just-in-time recruiting is in season! Join us LIVE on Instagram @KelleyUCSCoaches or slide into our DMs in advance with any questions you have. WEDNESDAY, APRIL 19TH 12:30-1PM
RECENT #WEDNESDAYWISOM CHATS:
- Anxious about life after college and “adulting?” We’ve got you covered!
- Have questions about job/internship offers and negotiations?
UNFILTERED CAREER SEARCH (UCS) PODCAST
Curious if you can try out different non-business careers with your Kelley background and degree? UCS Podcast Host JP brought one of our OG podcast hosts and Kelley alumna Sabrina Siew (check out her content on Instagram @sabrinaendsley) back to talk about her day job (hello, corporate America) and her passion job (social media influencer/blogger) and how her experience and academic training at Kelley have fully prepared her to venture in both her “traditional” and “non-traditional” career paths!
Can’t get enough of our podcasts or missed some episodes? We got you! Check out all our latest episodes from this season and past seasons right HERE!
Created by returning and new Kelley UCS peer coaches, JP, Hannah, Michelle, Shiv, Laasya, Lydia, and Maddie, the podcast takes a dive into topics surrounding career, college recruiting and the struggles that come with it all. New episodes dropping biweekly on Tuesdays!
SENIORS & JUNIORS: HELP US PROMOTE YOU TO HIRING COMPANIES THROUGH OUR RESUME BOOKS!
A resume book is a digital compilation of students’ resumes, by major and graduation year, that the UCS makes available for hiring employers at their request. Companies request resumes of students who are in the job market, so if this is you, submit your resume(s) as soon as possible to the various UCS resume books. This will maximize your visibility to hiring companies. Complete these steps to have your resume included.