April 25, 2023
A reminder of events this week:
- South Bend Regional International Talent Career Fair (VIRTUAL) – Tuesday, April 25th 10am-4:30pm
- K2C – Celebrate With Us! Year 1 Finale! – Wednesday, April 26th 12:30-1pm
The UCS Office is extremely saddened by the recent passing of two of our students. They were your classmates, your friends, and a part of what makes this place special to all of us. They will be missed. Please know that now and during the duration of your time at Kelley, you are never alone. Kelley faculty and staff are here to provide support and connect students to vital resources on campus that can help to provide comfort during this difficult time. If you or someone you know is in need of support, IU offers the resources below. It is okay to not be okay.
The Student Care and Resource Center can serve as a central point of contact for your questions and resources. You can walk-in Monday – Friday 9:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m. in the Indiana Memorial Union, off the front circle drive, email firstname.lastname@example.org, call 812-856-CARE (2273) or submit a Care Referral if there is anything they can do to support you.
The 24/7 CAPS Crisis line is available for students in distress. You can contact them by calling 812-855-5711 and choosing option 1 after-hours. Individual sessions are also available for students, which can be scheduled by calling the above number or walking into CAPS during business hours.
Additionally, Kelly Higgins, the Director of Student Support in the Kelley Undergraduate program, and her team can help students navigate campus and community resources. The Student Support office can be reached at email@example.com and students can schedule an appointment with Kelly directly.
*IMPORTANT HANDSHAKE NOTIFICATION*
Your applications may be getting filtered. You must include a graduation date (indicated as Time Period End Date) in your profile. Otherwise, your applications will fall into the “not meeting criteria” category. Please fill out this information accurately so that you’re not being incorrectly filtered from opportunities.
TIPS & FACTS FROM THE COACHING CORNER
RECENT #WEDNESDAYWISOM CHATS:
- Looking for a full-time job or Summer internship? Check out one of our recent conversations where we discuss all things ongoing and just-in-time recruiting. SPOILER ALERT: the job/internship search certainly does not come to end once the semester is over!
- Make sure to utilize the “kelley:featruedjob” filter in your search on Handshake
- Anxious about life after college and “adulting?” We’ve got you covered!
TELL ME MORE ABOUT THAT
- Did you recently send out some applications that you have not heard back on yet? Are you wondering what to do next? Check out this short article about how to properly and effectively follow up on a job application.
- You don’t have to launch right into your career. Do you have an offer but want to defer? Maybe you don’t have an offer and are not ready to launch into the corporate world. The Fulbright-Garcia Robles Binational Business Grant is a fantastic opportunity to utilize your global skillset, enhance your resume, and gain worldly experience.
#WEDNESDAYWISDOM CAREER CHAT: CELEBRATE WITH US! YEAR 1 FINALE
Can you believe it? We’ve neared the end of school year 2022 – 2023! Celebrate with us as we conclude our Year 1 of #WednesdayWisdom Career Chats and share all our last-minute summer advice this Balance Week on Instagram LIVE @KelleyUCSCoaches – WEDNESDAY, APRIL 26TH 12:30-1PM
UNFILTERED CAREER SEARCH (UCS) PODCAST
Curious if you can try out different non-business careers with your Kelley background and degree? UCS Podcast Host JP brought one of our OG podcast hosts and Kelley alumna Sabrina Siew (check out her content on Instagram @sabrinaendsley) back to talk about her day job (hello, corporate America) and her passion job (social media influencer/blogger) and how her experience and academic training at Kelley have fully prepared her to venture in both her “traditional” and “non-traditional” career paths!
Can’t get enough of our podcasts or missed some episodes? We got you! Check out all our latest episodes from this season and past seasons right HERE!
Created by returning and new Kelley UCS peer coaches, JP, Hannah, Michelle, Shiv, Laasya, Lydia, and Maddie, the podcast takes a dive into topics surrounding career, college recruiting and the struggles that come with it all. New episodes dropping biweekly on Tuesdays!
SENIORS & JUNIORS: HELP US PROMOTE YOU TO HIRING COMPANIES THROUGH OUR RESUME BOOKS!
A resume book is a digital compilation of students’ resumes, by major and graduation year, that the UCS makes available for hiring employers at their request. Companies request resumes of students who are in the job market, so if this is you, submit your resume(s) as soon as possible to the various UCS resume books. This will maximize your visibility to hiring companies. Complete these steps to have your resume included.