Class of 2023 – Congratulations!
Regardless of if you are graduating or not, don’t forget to get in touch with us for any career related questions or to start preparing for fall recruiting! Fall recruiting will start shortly after the semester starts, so be ready. UCS coaches will be available this summer by appointment, and appointments can be scheduled virtually on Handshake.
Do you have a summer internship lined up here in the U.S.? International students must have U.S. government authorization to intern/work outside the university. The CPT process can take up to four (4) weeks! Learn more here about how you can get this process started as soon as possible!
If graduating and planning to remain in the U.S. to work or volunteer, OPT FAQS will provide you guidance on your next steps.
And don’t forget, internships and full-time jobs are available on Handshake or with your shortlisted companies, so you can continue to apply!
Most importantly, make sure you enjoy your well-earned summer break, or for grads—congratulations and best of luck with your next steps!
Whatever your next step is, keep the Kelley pride going!
UCS Peer Coaches’ Tips
- Learn how to put your best foot forward at a new job or internship
- Keep Learning at IU to find support and resources to continue your successful IU experience
- 25 Best Accounting Firms for 2024
Your Action Steps for this Summer
- Unsure what kind of majors, careers, and companies you might be interested in? Use your summer wisely by exploring majors & careers, check the career insights tab and outcomes.
- Are you familiar with the phrase “It’s not what you know, but who you know”? As simple as it sounds, it highlights the importance of networking! Summer is a great time for you to start creating, building, and maintaining your personal and professional contacts and networks. Start with your family and friends—do any of them work in a company or industry you might be interested in? Utilize our networking resources, global networking, informational interviewing, IU/Kelley alumni, or LinkedIn and Handshake, to help you get started!
- Summer break might feel long, but it goes by fast! Start preparing for fall recruiting early so you are calm, collected, and confident to take on the busy recruiting period!
Why You Need Sponsors (Not Just Mentors)—and How to Find Them
Haven’t Started Your Search? The Time Is Now!
H-1B Employer Data Hub
Keep Learning at IU to find support and resources to continue your successful IU experience
If staying in Bloomington, a lot is going on this summer!