Abercrombie & Fitch Co. is a portfolio of lifestyle brands including Abercrombie & Fitch, abercrombie kids, Hollister, and Gilly Hicks. Reaching customers across 120+ countries, we strive to create customer-centric, omni-channel experiences for our global customer base.
How do we do it? Every day, our associates show up and empower one another to stay curious and think big. As a team of relentless innovators, we aren’t afraid to dream boldly. We are accountable and aim to the highest caliber to understand, push boundaries and embrace change. We coach, mentor, care, and bring our best selves every day because we are in this together. Whether you lead yourself, a team, or the company, everyone is a leader at A&F.
Financial Analysts gain a unique and multi-faceted skill set through our Full-Time rotational model, gaining exposure to multiple disciplines within our corporate finance teams. Highly analytical and results-oriented, our Financial Analysts make an immediate impact on corporate strategy and direction.
What Will You Be Doing?
- Trainees will have 2-3 rotations across financial and accounting disciplines before solidifying a long-term department.
- Rotational opportunities include:
- Financial Planning & Analysis: Focusing on future projections. Executing the A&F strategy for international growth. Partnering with the Merchandise Planning group to ensure the company is poised for future growth.
- Financial Reporting: Overseeing corporate budgets and projections. Partnering with multiple business areas to assess risks and opportunities. Preparing the earnings release analysis on quarterly performance. Presenting monthly forecast updates to leadership.
- Accounting: Acting as a technical accounting resource for A&F business units. Managing company controls of the reconciliation process. Ensuring continuous compliance in reporting.
- Treasury: Supporting all aspects of Treasury operations including the cash forecasting process, contributing to the global cash management strategy.
- Business Unit Finance: General ledger maintenance, balance sheet reconciliation, forecasting/budgeting, variance analysis, and performance reporting. Partnering with business unit teams to complete activity-based costing to facilitate cost-reduction decisions.
- Capital Projects: Overseeing A&F’s capital investments to ensure return on investment, stringent cost management, and compliance in regulatory standards for all assets and asset-related activity.
What Do You Need to Bring?
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Passion for the A&F brands and the role
- Proven leadership experience
- Ability to thrive in team-based settings and a collaborative approach to working with cross-functional partners
- Desire to take on the responsibility of running a portion of a multi-billion-dollar business
- Finance, Accounting, Economics majors preferred
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to communicate confidently with senior-level leaders
- Analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to adapt and work in a fast-paced environment
- Desire & curiosity to learn more!
Based out of our world headquarters in Columbus, OH the A&F LDP Programs are highly competitive initiatives that offer immediate exposure to senior level management, as well as a carefully crafted balance between classroom sessions and hands-on experience. With a “promote from within” mentality in mind, these programs have been designed to shape top candidates into the future leaders of our company. The Finance LDP Program features an initial comprehensive training program up to six weeks long and continued career development through a custom curriculum.
This comprehensive orientation program will include:
- Combination of classroom sessions and on-the-job training
- Interactive presentations from a variety of senior leaders in the company
- Open and inclusive learning environment with fellow associates
- Systems Training
- Integrated social activities to help transition to Columbus and the unique corporate culture at A&F
- In-depth overview of all financial and accounting roles and disciplines
- Orientation to product-facing groups to better understand the business and our customer
First year compensation for the A&F Finance Leadership Development Program starts at $62,500. Other benefits include $8,000 in placement and relocation bonuses, merchandise discounts at all of our brands, use of the A&F gym, industry-leading healthcare coverage, and company matching savings and retirement programs.
To complete your profile, please go to the below link and click “apply now” to answer a few questions:
To be eligible for consideration, students must also submit their unofficial transcripts and resumes, complete with cumulative GPA.
Abercrombie & Fitch Co. is an Equal Opportunity employer.