Abercrombie & Fitch Co. is a portfolio of lifestyle brands including Abercrombie & Fitch, abercrombie kids, Hollister, and Gilly Hicks. Reaching customers across 120+ countries, we strive to create customer-centric, omni-channel experiences for our global customer base.
How do we do it? Every day, our associates show up and empower one another to stay curious and think big. As a team of relentless innovators, we aren’t afraid to dream boldly. We are accountable and aim to the highest caliber to understand, push boundaries and embrace change. We coach, mentor, care, and bring our best selves every day because we are in this together. Whether you lead yourself, a team, or the company, everyone is a leader at A&F.
The Abercrombie & Fitch Human Resources team is dedicated to identifying, acquiring, developing, and retaining the best and brightest within the retail industry and beyond. In addition to supporting our associates at the home office and around the world, our team is continually focused on preserving our one-of-a-kind corporate culture, which is grounded in passion, collaboration, curiosity and optimism. In the first several years of the Program, associates will gain exposure to a variety of areas within our multi-faceted Human Resources department including recruiting, training and associate relations. The program is designed for associates to build a foundation in these areas to ultimately build a long-term career path in Human Resources.
What Could You Be Doing?
- Build foundation in talent selection theory
- Become an expert in our dynamic end to end recruiting process, driving high volume hires each year
- Develop strategies to proactively build talent pipelines that directly fuel the needs of the business
- Drive a strategic partnership with assigned business leaders in order to manage talent across the organization
- Provide business partners with support, coaching and feedback to maximize potential
- Gain exposure to organizational design and change management focusing on key metrics including retention, succession planning and associate growth and development
- Strategize, manage and execute comprehensive training program for Summer interns and new hires
- Assist in associate Leadership Development Training through the A&F Academy program
What Do You Need to Bring?
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Passion for the A&F brands and the role
- Proven leadership experience
- Ability to thrive in team-based settings and a collaborative approach to working with cross-functional partners
- Desire to become a talent consultant for a multi-million dollar business
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to communicate confidently with senior-level leaders
- Ability to adapt and work in a fast-paced environment
- Desire & curiosity to learn more!
Based out of our world headquarters in Columbus, OH the A&F LDP Programs are highly competitive initiatives that offer immediate exposure to senior level management, as well as a carefully crafted balance between classroom sessions and hands-on experience. With a “promote from within” mentality in mind, these programs have been designed to shape top candidates into the future leaders of our company. The Human Resources LDP Program features an initial comprehensive training program and continued career development through a custom curriculum.
This comprehensive orientation program will include:
- Combination of classroom sessions and on-the-job training
- Relationship with a Mentor to guide learning in the new role
- Interactive presentations from a variety of senior leaders in the company
- Open and inclusive learning environment with fellow associates
- Integrated social activities to help transition to Columbus and the unique corporate culture at A&F
- Preparation to effectively manage a portion of the business in one of our critical areas at Home Office
First year compensation for the A&F Leadership Development Program in Human Resources starts at $50,000. Other benefits include $8,000 in placement and relocation bonuses, merchandise discounts at all of our brands, use of the A&F gym, industry-leading healthcare coverage, and company matching savings and retirement programs.
To complete your profile, please go to the below link and click “apply now” to answer a few questions:
To be eligible for consideration, students must also submit their unofficial transcripts and resumes, complete with cumulative GPA.
Abercrombie & Fitch Co. is an Equal Opportunity employer.