Abercrombie & Fitch Co. is a portfolio of lifestyle brands including Abercrombie & Fitch, abercrombie kids, Hollister, and Gilly Hicks. Reaching customers across 120+ countries, we strive to create customer-centric, omni-channel experiences for our global customer base.
How do we do it? Every day, our associates show up and empower one another to stay curious and think big. As a team of relentless innovators, we aren’t afraid to dream boldly. We are accountable and aim to the highest caliber to understand, push boundaries and embrace change. We coach, mentor, care, and bring our best selves every day because we are in this together. Whether you lead yourself, a team, or the company, everyone is a leader at A&F.
Merchants are the leaders of the business, managing the strategy for millions of dollars of product each day. Entrepreneurial in nature, Merchants lead a cross-functional team to maximize the financial success of their product line and must possess the unique ability to be both analytical and creative on a daily basis. Merchants are the experts on our customer, understanding their lifestyle, behaviors and preferences to predict and capitalize on market trends. From working with our designers to identify the next styles and trends for our stores, to analyzing sales and identifying growth strategies for the business, our Merchants are involved with every aspect of the product and the customer.
What Will You Be Doing?
- Analyzing the customer through market, field and relevant social research to inform business & assortment actions
- Driving the financial success and profitability of your product category
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to develop business strategies and react to change while making calculated decisions based on current sales information
- Dissecting the competitive landscape and identifying emerging trends in the global market to deliver product that is aligned with the customer and market perspective
- Developing the assortment architecture for your given category while managing multiple product seasons
- Providing comprehensive support of the product development process from sketch to finished product
- Presenting the product line and strategies to senior leadership, leading and contributing to selling analysis, customer insights, and trend ideas
What Do You Need to Bring?
- Junior working toward a Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Passion for the A&F brands and the role
- Proven leadership experience
- Ability to thrive in team-based settings and a collaborative approach to working with cross-functional partners
- Desire to take on the responsibility of running a portion of a multi-billion-dollar business
- Capability to translate emerging fashion trends into the A&F handwriting and brand heritage
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to communicate confidently with senior-level leaders
- Ability to balance between robust analytical capability and an interest in the creative process
- Ability to adapt and work in a fast-paced environment
- Desire & curiosity to learn more!
The A&F LDP Internships provide a hands-on learning environment in which top university students gain exposure to one of our full-time programs. Our 10-week LDP internships include intensive training, quick role immersion, exposure to senior leadership, and the opportunity to make an impact on the business. Our interns will be compensated $9,000 for the 10-week program. Other benefits have historically included housing provided by A&F for the duration of the program, merchandise discounts at all of our brands, use of the A&F gym, and organized social events throughout the summer. Our interns end the summer with a thorough understanding of the full-time Leadership Development Program and have early access to full-time job opportunities.
To complete your profile, please go to the below link and click “apply now” to answer a few questions:
To be eligible for consideration, students must also submit their unofficial transcripts and resumes, complete with cumulative GPA
Abercrombie & Fitch Co. is an Equal Opportunity employer.