Abercrombie & Fitch Co. is a portfolio of lifestyle brands including Abercrombie & Fitch, abercrombie kids, Hollister, and Gilly Hicks. Reaching customers across 120+ countries, we strive to create customer-centric, omni-channel experiences for our global customer base.
How do we do it? Every day, our associates show up and empower one another to stay curious and think big. As a team of relentless innovators, we aren’t afraid to dream boldly. We are accountable and aim to the highest caliber to understand, push boundaries and embrace change. We coach, mentor, care, and bring our best selves every day because we are in this together. Whether you lead yourself, a team, or the company, everyone is a leader at A&F.
Planners are the strategic drivers of our product teams, shaping the inventory and financial strategy behind every product. Interpreting and balancing current sales, inventory analysis, financial goals, and emerging trends, our Merchandise Planners build the strategies that maximize our product success and profitability. Planners forecast future product performance, establish sales strategies across domestic, international, and e-commerce channels, and strategically manage our inventory around the world.
What Will You Be Doing?
- Managing the financial success of your product category
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to develop business strategies, managing profitability, and reacting to change while making strategic decisions based on current sales and inventory information
- Researching the global market and leveraging that information to build the most compelling and profitable financial plan
- Forecasting and implementing product distribution strategies by analyzing sales data and store inventory levels, incorporating variations by channel
- Clearly presenting selling and inventory analysis and performance-to-plan results and strategies to senior leadership, providing insight on selling analysis, customer insights, and trend ideas
What Do You Need to Bring?
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Passion for the A&F brands and the role
- Proven leadership experience
- Ability to thrive in team-based settings and a collaborative approach to working with cross-functional partners
- Desire to take on the responsibility of running a portion of a multi-billion-dollar business
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to communicate confidently with senior-level leaders
- Ability to balance between robust analytical capability and an interest in the creative process
- Ability to adapt and work in a fast-paced environment
- Desire & curiosity to learn more!
Based out of our world headquarters in Columbus, OH the A&F LDP Programs are highly competitive initiatives that offer immediate exposure to senior level management, as well as a carefully crafted balance between classroom sessions and hands-on experience. With a “promote from within” mentality in mind, these programs have been designed to shape top candidates into the future leaders of our company. The Merchandise Planning LDP Program features an initial comprehensive training program up to six weeks long and continued career development through a custom curriculum.
This comprehensive orientation program will include:
- Combination of classroom sessions and on-the-job training
- Relationship with a Mentor to guide learning in the new role
- Interactive presentations from a variety of senior leaders in the company
- Open and inclusive learning environment with fellow associates
- Systems Training
- Integrated social activities to help transition to Columbus and the unique corporate culture at A&F
- Preparation to effectively manage a portion of the business in one of our critical areas at Home Office
First year compensation for the A&F Merchandise Planning Leadership Development Program starts at $60,000. Other benefits include $8,000 in placement and relocation bonuses, merchandise discounts at all of our brands, use of the A&F gym, industry-leading healthcare coverage, and company matching savings and retirement programs.
To complete your profile, please go to the below link and click “apply now” to answer a few questions:
To be eligible for consideration, students must also submit their unofficial transcripts and resumes, complete with cumulative GPA.
Abercrombie & Fitch Co. is an Equal Opportunity employer.