We Light the Way!
Acuity Brands (NYSE: AYI) is transforming the lighting industry. We take pride in our 12,000 employees, and they take pride in working with the best in the industry. Join a team committed to lighting the way to a more brilliant, connected, and productive world. Individually we are talented, but together we are unstoppable.
Are you a driven and talented individual looking for the place to do your best work while developing into an impactful leader? Look no further than the Acuity Brands Leadership Program!
The Acuity Brands Sales Leadership Program is a two-year rotational experience designed to develop high-potential candidates into sales leaders through hands-on experiences that synergize participants’ strengths with the needs of the business. Each Sales Leadership Program Specialist spends their first 18 – 24 months of employment rotating every 6 months within the sales department to ensure that graduates of the program are prepared to succeed in all aspects of their field. The purposeful design of each rotation is to provide participants with opportunities to develop their business acumen, leadership skills, and proficiency in specialized skillsets within sales. Upon graduation from the Leadership Program, participants will have a clear understanding of how they fit into the larger company strategy and will have developed the necessary skillsets to become a future leader at Acuity Brands. Leadership Program start dates will be available for May 2022 graduates.
While specific projects are determined by business needs the need of the business, each Leadership Program has a set of “functional requirements” to ensure that all participants have similar learning objectives. All Sales Leadership Program Specialists will rotate into two of the following:
- Strategic Accounts
- Sales Ops
- Customer Engagement
Additionally, with the remaining rotations, we will connect with the interests of the individual with our current business needs to explore such areas as:
- Corporate Accounts
- Digital Retail
- Residential Sales
- Lighting Center
Along with the valuable knowledgebase gained within the rotations, recent graduates will participate in activities to enhance business acumen and personal growth. Some of these activities include:
- Specialized onboarding for all participants to ensure integration to the organization and program
- A one-on-one mentorship from a sales leader for the duration of the program and beyond
- Quarterly Leadership Program Summits focused on providing all participants, regardless of the program discipline, with an in-depth understanding of the business
- Social and networking events to help forge connections with both peers and leaders across the business
- Frequent opportunities to come together with program peers to learn about various business processes and initiatives
- Leadership report-out meetings to share your rotational learnings as well as performance reviews aimed at identifying strengths and areas for growth
Company Perks and Benefits:
With time being the only constrained resource, we strive to create the place where you can work with your manager to get the flexibility you need to balance your commitments – personal, work, customer, health, family, and everything else. Our focus is on the results you deliver– not formal, rigid work schedules.
So, we offer:
- Flexible workdays – Some work needs to happen between certain times, and some work doesn’t.
- Flexible Time Off – Take the amount of time you need. We are focused on results.
- Paid Parental Leave and Pregnancy Disability Leave – Parents can take up to 4 weeks (or 160 hours) of paid leave for the birth or adoption of a child. The birthing parent receives up to 13 weeks of leave at 100% of your regular salary.
- Home Office Allowances – Monthly stipends to help cover the things that make it easier to work remotely.
- Wellness programs – Our holistic benefits plans include healthcare, financial heath, mental health, legal plans, tuition reimbursement, and more.
- Opportunities to connect and grow – Join one of our employee resources groups to support your professional aspirations and get linked with a community that shares your interests.
- 0 to 2 years of applicable work experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Sales, Business, International Business, or other related sales focus. Graduation date in May 2022 accepted
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
Applicants should be:
- Proven innovative problem-solvers
- Agents for change
- Experienced leaders of people and processes
- Excellent with time management
- Comfortable with taking initiative
- Excellent written and verbal communicators
- Champions of diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Sedentary Work
We invite you to apply today to join us as We Light the Way to a Brilliant, Productive, and Connected World!
Please utilize the internal career site to apply if you are a current employee at Acuity Brands.
We value diversity and are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regards to race, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, ethnicity or national origin, disability, pregnancy, religion, covered veteran status, protected genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Accommodation for Applicants with Disabilities: As an equal opportunity employer, Acuity Brands is committed to providing reasonable accommodations in its application process for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. If you have difficulty using our online system due to a disability and need an accommodation, you may contact us at (770) 922-9000. Please clearly indicate what type of accommodation you are requesting and for what requisition.
Any unsolicited resumes sent to Acuity Brands from a third party, such as an Agency recruiter, including unsolicited resumes sent to an Acuity Brands mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Acuity Brands employees, or to Acuity Brands resume database will be considered Acuity Brands property. Acuity Brands will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Acuity Brands will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees. This includes any Agency that is an approved/engaged vendor, but does not have the appropriate approvals to be engaged on a search.