IT Application Developer – Mobile
Alight unlocks enterprise growth for the world’s most influential companies with future ready human capital and business solutions. We combine industry leading data and insights with unmatched depth and operational expertise to improve the employee experience and optimize cloud-enabled business processes. Our 15,000 colleagues proudly serve thousands of clients and their more than 30 million employees and family members throughout 180 countries. Learn how Alight helps organizations of all sizes, including over 70% of the Fortune 100, achieve next level transformation at alight.com.
The Mobile Developer is responsible for complete design, development, and development testing of features used by mobile application products. The Mobile Developer should be proficient in his/her technology using Java principals, C#, mobile frameworks, and have learning agility and versatility to learn technology outside his/her specialty to improve delivery. The Mobile Developer should be able to coordinate with others works (in virtual environment)
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Requirements Elicitation, Understanding, Analysis, & Management: Understand the requirements/stories, and perform the appropriate analysis for said platform/technology.
- Participation in Sprint Planning and Sprint Status: Participate in sprint planning meetings by estimating the tasks to design, build, and development test software. Attend daily huddles to report progress and barriers to progress.
- Design/Development/Development Testing: Create a design that effectively meets the requirements/stories. This will involve ensuring the design integrates with other platforms/technologies. The design may be done directly in the code itself. Develop and test according to the functional specifications, design, maintainability, and coding and efficiency standards. Complete development tests within each sprint according to acceptance criteria and system component integration needs. Must have the ability to work effectively, independently as part of an overall project team.
- Testing & Debugging: Work closely with the Solution Quality Analysts by providing debugging and testing assistance as needed to meet sprint objectives.
- Documentation and Deployment: Create technical documentation (assets) in the code per coding standards and assist as needed in the documentation creation for the products’ customers. Create the artifacts needed to ensure the software is migrated efficiently through the needed environment life cycles.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Technology related field
- Knowledge of object oriented concepts
- Mobile development experience (native or hybrid)
- C# or Java experience
Applicants for this role, which is part of the Alight’s Early Career Development
Program – Ignite, must graduate between December 2020 – June 2021
Alight’s early career development program, Ignite, is committed to building a diverse group of future leaders within our organization. The program is focused on creating a great place for new college graduates to thrive and offer an accelerated educational program designed to build practical business and leadership skills.
The Ignite program offers development experiences that leverage the power of your degree into real career momentum. The program offers a blend of learning delivered through the Alight Academy platform.
- Build business networks
- Develop overall business concepts and acumen
- Grow core impact skills and competences
Helping you to succeed is our top priority. People Matter.