Financial Analyst Job Description
Join 360°Finance, the largest finance department within Allstate! We work across multiple areas to provide critical analytics and consultative support to drive optimal business performance. We recommend innovative solutions that guide strategy and improve operating results. Our financial reporting, deep-dive analytics, and focus on financial projections is essential as we collaborate with senior leadership across the corporation. 360°Finance has processes in place to provide rotational opportunities designed to enable growth and development in FP&A, Data Modeling, and Business Consultation these experiences will set you up for success to take on new roles throughout your career.
Financial Analyst in 360°Finance will be either Home Based and/or Hybrid within our Home Office in Northbrook, Illinois or Irving, Texas.
The analyst will be a key member of the team, responsible for the following items:
- Use analytical skills to influence and drive action within finance, leadership and our business partners by using fact-based, holistic and forward-looking perspectives to identify emerging issues and current trends, and assist in implementation of strategies
- Combine business knowledge, analytical & problem solving skills, and technical expertise to identify and solve financial business problems
- Assists in building compelling storylines, provide financial insights, and collaborate with business partners to improve performance of the business.
- Manage analytical projects of low complexity, addressing ambiguous business issues
- Delivers accurate and timely reports/analysis containing financial insight to enable business partners to identify potential issues and take action to improve performance
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Mathematics, Business or related area of study
- Strong work ethic, including ability to follow-up, focus on details and take initiative
- Analytical skills to compile information
- Experience in querying and manipulating large datasets using SQL (other languages such as R or Python are a plus)
- Experience in data visualizations using software such as Tableau or Power BI in order to explore, analyze, and present data.
- Oral and written communication skills in order to work effectively across the organization
- Interpersonal skills to work effectively in a team environment
- General understanding of financial and accounting concepts
- Time management and organization skills with a proven ability to multi-task
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel required. Working knowledge of Power Point and Word.