At Ally, we take the safety and health of our employees seriously. Related to COVID-19, Ally moved quickly and decisively to protect the health and well-being of our teammates, including instituting a work-from-home protocol in mid-March. We are continuing to hire during this time and are finding new and innovative ways to onboard new teammates remotely. Flexibility remains key as we approach the evolving situation. Our teams will continue to work-from-home until leadership, in coordination with governmental guidance and requirements, determine that it is safe to re-enter our facilities.
You can read more about how Ally is supporting our employees, customers, auto dealers and communities during this unprecedented time here.
About this job
The Ally Accounting LEADership Development Program (ALDP) provides you with an alternate path to obtaining the CPA designation while working full-time in the dynamic Controller’s and Audit functions of a Fortune 500 company. The ALDP provides recent college graduates a cross-functional, enterprise-wide learning experience within 10 possible rotational opportunities. In just three years you’ll advance through three different 9-12 month rotations within the Controller’s and Audit function in Detroit, Michigan.
Why the ALDP?
Three 9-12 month rotational opportunities provide a diverse experience that sets the ALDP apart from the traditional path to the CPA designation. Chart your own course – the ALDP is more than just audit or tax. Not exactly sure what a career in accounting is all about? The ALDP’s rotational opportunities provide a vast variety of experiences.
The ALDP offers three 9-12 month rotational opportunities in the following areas:
Business Unit & Enterprise Accounting
- Accounting and reporting for Ally Business Lines and Enterprise Functions including: Automotive Finance, Insurance, Mortgage, Corporate Consolidations, Debt, and Capital Markets
Tax Accounting, Planning & Reporting
- Preparing the tax provision and related disclosures
- Forecasting tax expense and its components
- Preparing and filing tax returns
- Evaluating the impact of current and proposed tax laws
- Design, plan, and execute testing over internal controls
- Testing and related governance of account reconciliations
- Efficiently and effectively resolve internal control matters
- Preparation of reports filed with the SEC (Forms 10-K/Q, 8-K, etc.)
- Preparation of various documents for regulatory and industry reporting
- Coordination with external auditors
- Provide assurance regarding the effectiveness of governance, risk management and internal control
- Perform review of designated and/or implemented processes and controls
- Conduct ongoing follow-up and post implementation validation on Audit Services’ findings and recommendations
Benefits of the ALDP
- Variety of accounting focus areas within three-year rotational program provide diversity of experience
- Starting salary and total compensation package competitive with the Big 4 firms
- Commitment to work/life balance
- Flexibility of working while attaining CPA eligibility requirements
- Promotional opportunity upon successful completion of the program
- Complimentary CPA review course and incentive bonus upon licensure
- Tuition reimbursement program available
- Assignment of peer and career mentors
- Seniors or post-graduate students pursuing a career in accounting
- Intention of obtaining the CPA professional designation
- A strong track record of ambition and motivation through academic success and relevant experience
- Strong candidates will possess proven leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Eligibility to work in the U.S. without sponsorship from the company