Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America’s leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
The Communications Intern will be responsible for…
Primary responsibilities include:
- Optimizing business communications to improve associates satisfaction by designing and implementing a communication plan and training resources to keep associates informed and engaged.
- Ensures communications of critical information to the appropriate parties.
- Assist in developing relevant materials for associate communications.
- Identifies avenues and tools for communication.
- Prepares materials for bi-weekly team meetings
- Pursuing a degree in Business, Communication, Healthcare Administration, Marketing
- This internship is from June to August and is 40 hours per week/or 20 hours per week depending on school schedule in a virtual setting
- Must be enrolled fulltime at an accredited college or university during internship
- Students must be authorized to work in the U.S. without future visa sponsorship requirements
- Have a take charge work ethic and being flexible
- Efficient in written and verbal communications
- Proficient in Excel, Word and MS Teams
Anthem offers associates a comprehensive, flexible benefits package as part of our Total Rewards program. As an intern, you are eligible for enrollment in onsite fitness centers, you can contribute to the 401k, and have the opportunity to participate in an informal mentorship program through our Business Resource Groups (BRGs). Through your secure, personalized new hire portal, you will have access to our Total Rewards program information so that you can review many additional benefits that would be available to you if you were to become a full-time Anthem associate in the future.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.