Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America’s leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
This is a 100% remote/virtual opportunity
The Pharmacy Data Analytics Intern will be responsible for…
- Responsible for both internal and external reporting. Act as a resource to users of the software to address questions/issues. May provide direction and guidance to team members and serves as the technical expertise on project calls. Set the framework for projects through elicitation of high-quality project requirements, creating thorough testing plans, UAT scenario development, leading and facilitating the process of engaging stakeholders. Also work with technical staff to ensure business requirements drive system design and passes QA testing.
In addition, this role must monitor cross functional IT team product development to ensure agreed upon solutions deliver the intended business value on-time, within scope, and within budget. Position responsibilities also include:
- Provide weekly statuses for assigned projects and recurring program activities.
- Proactively schedule meetings as needed to clarify requirements as well as solution risks, issues, and product defects.
- Immediate documentation and escalation of identified risks and issues.
- Effectively translate business needs to IT teams in a method that reduces confusion and leads to improved absorption of requirements. (I.e. BRD, Jira)
- Ensure business requirements documents are articulate, detailed, completed within the specified timeframe, and with minimal errors and/or omissions.
- Generate recurring and ad hoc program and project metrics to gauge performance.
- Work with programming staff to ensure requirements will be incorporated into system design and testing.
- Interface with State regulatory agencies, health plans, and multiple cross-functional teams as needed.
- Conduct stakeholder interviews to assist business owners in first realizing their true needs, then articulating them, and finally, communicating them in a manner that allows the Business Analyst to write a requirement that fully represents the true needs of the business.
- Identify and communicate obstacles and risk behavioral indicators displayed by systems, products and/or business partners that may negatively impact the timely delivery of scheduled activities and/or outcomes.
- Perform tactical analysis, assessment, and planning of program functions.
- Create comprehensive test plans and cases that thoroughly validate intended product outcomes and reduce the likelihood of missed requirements and gaps in functionality and/or processes.
- Monitor and control cross functional IT development progress to ensure alignment with approved business requirements.
- Communication and collaborate frequently with project managers.
Functions OR examples of projects for this role:
- Develop products to assist at-risk populations with high utilization of controlled substances and/or opioid dependency behaviors.
- Create metrics to measure the success of current products and/or identify trends on a market-by-market basis.
- Generate reporting for state agencies which may include but are not limited to identifying enrolled members, changes eligibility status, cost savings etc.
The Summer 2022 Internship will take place from June through August. This is a remote opportunity with an expectation 40 hours per week/or 20 hours per week depending on school schedule. The ideal person will possess the willingness and capacity to learn quickly and apply new knowledge. They will also have proven analytical skills, excellent written and oral communication abilities. We are in search of an energetic self-starter with a willingness to work hard, take on significant and multiple responsibilities, and with dedication towards excellence and achieving results. We want to hear from you!
- Must be currently enrolled in a Pharmacy program at an accredited college or university
- 1st year PharmD students (anticipated graduation date 2025) preferred
- Ideally this internship with run until the student’s graduation
- Requires an active, unrestricted Intern License (Ohio)
- Prior experience working in pharmacy retail strongly preferred
- Must be able to work a minimum of 20 hours per week
- Students must be authorized to work in the U.S. without future visa sponsorship requirements
Anthem offers associates a comprehensive, flexible benefits package as part of our Total Rewards program. As an intern, you are eligible for enrollment in onsite fitness centers, you can contribute to the 401k, and have the opportunity to participate in an informal mentorship program through our Business Resource Groups (BRGs). Through your secure, personalized new hire portal, you will have access to our Total Rewards program information so that you can review many additional benefits that would be available to you if you were to become a full-time Anthem associate in the future.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.