Want to create software that makes a difference? At Applied Research Associates (ARA), our goal is to improve our nation’s safety, security, and way of life. ARA has been doing cutting-edge modeling and simulation research for decades. Everyone who works here is important, from new faces to those who have worked here since the beginning. Your contribution matters and you’ll have the opportunity to make a real-world impact by joining our team!
Take the project we’re now working on. You will be working on a team that is building a cloud-based development environment. You will work with a multi-disciplinary collaborative team of hardware and software engineers and security specialists to design and implement a secure cloud-based software development and maintenance environment. You will be part of our employee-owned international research and engineering company. ARA is recognized for providing technically superior solutions to complex and challenging problems in the physical sciences, and you will be on this team.
- Manage network resources in AWS environment and customer on-premise environments
- Recommend, design, and implement network infrastructure for reliability and scalability
- Work with customers, AWS, and TELCOM providers to establish connections to AWS, and additional customer locations.
- Create, modify, and design network documentation using tools such as Visio
- Strong working knowledge of network security to include VPN implementation, DISA STIGS, and other applicable requirements
- Monitor and Manage services using tools such as SolarWinds or WhatsUp Gold
- Troubleshoot, analyze, and debug network issues while maintaining maximum availability
Due to the work you’ll perform and interactions with DoD programs you will need to be a US citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance.
Senior Network Engineer requirements for the position are as follows:
- We are looking for at least a BS in Computer Science, IT, or a related field with 7+ years of relevant experience
- Experience with Cisco Routers and Switches
- Experience with Palo Alto Firewalls
- Experience engineering network solutions for cloud environments such as AWS, GCP, Azure.
- Experience working in AWS environments to include DX connections
- Knowledge in BGP routing
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and written to customers and management
- Ability to provide technical guidance to junior teams members
- Understanding and ability to follow industry-proven methodologies such as Agile
Senior Network Engineer preferences:
- CCNP certification
- Active Secret Security Clearance
Applied Research Associates, Inc. (aka ARA) is an employee-owned international research and engineering company known for providing technically superior solutions to complex and challenging problems in the physical sciences. We were founded in Albuquerque, NM in 1979 as the disco era was, thankfully, closing out and the personal computer era was beginning. We employ over 1,500 professionals and continue to grow. ARA offices throughout the U.S. and Canada provide a broad range of technical expertise in defense, civil, and health technologies, computer software and simulation, systems analysis, environmental technologies, and testing and measurement.
ARA also prides ourselves on having a challenging culture where innovation & experimentation are the norm. At ARA, employees are our greatest assets, so we give our employees the tools, training, and opportunities to take active roles as owners. The motto, “Engineering and Science for Fun and Profit” sums up the ARA experience. The company realizes employee ownership spawns greater creativity and initiative along with higher performance and customer satisfaction levels. We are also very proud of our Women’s Initiative Network (WIN) whose purpose is to motivate, support, and encourage professional career development for women to maximize career and professional accomplishments.
To find out more about Southeast Division visit our website at: https://www.ara.com/raleigh/