AVL is looking for a Technical Sales Specialist – Simulation to support our Plymouth, MI location. The Technical Sales Specialist will fulfill a vital role within Advanced Simulation Technologies by determining customer needs and translating these needs into AVL’s simulation solutions and products portfolio. The TSS position is a great transition from a technical based position to support more customer interfacing while providing technical expertise. Travel for this position could be up to 25% outside of the metro Detroit area pending on the customer needs.
The TSS is the technical expert along the sales process in AST, and is responsible to provide support to the sales organization with highest technical knowledge.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Employer will not sponsor an applicant for a work visa for this position.
• Works closely with the account management team to drive sales and achieve business targets
• Makes presentations and conducts product demonstrations at customer locations
• Responsible for the technical content and accuracy of customer quotations
• Provides market feedback and requirement for future product development and innovative approaches to increase sales revenues
• Stays abreast of development activities at main competitors and creates/implements corresponding action plans
• Support strategic planning and marketing activities to increase market share and maximize revenue
• Develops and maintains customer relationships
• Support customer during on-boarding phase and collects customer satisfaction information
• Bachelors’ degree in engineering or related field
• Masters’ degree preferred
• 5+ years of relevant experience
• Strong fundamental knowledge of powertrain and vehicle development process
• Knowledge of hybrid/electrification technology
• Positive, customer-focused attitude
• Demonstrated experience with AVL related products preferred
• Demonstrated successful experience in technical sales preferred
• Excellent written and oral communication skill
• Strong communication skills
• Travel approximately 10 – 25% to meet the needs of customers