As an associate at BKD, you may use your critical thinking abilities to help clients solve problems or apply your social skills to build rewarding business relationships. You will work with clients from a variety of industries as you develop your technical skills and strengthen the foundation on which you will build your career.
Whether you choose to start in audit or tax, you will be coached by our experienced staff and management personnel. As your skill set grows, you will assume greater responsibility and actively participate in determining your career path.
- Work with client personnel to reconcile account differences and analyze financial data
- Prepare individual, corporate, partnership or other tax returns
- Calculate tax extension or estimate payments
- Participate in client meetings alongside BKD partners and managers
Successful associates display the following skills and characteristics:
- Solid technical accounting knowledge
- Effective time management
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills preferred, including Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to work well with a team as well as independently
- Problem-solving attitude
- Willingness to take initiative
- Close attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and against deadlines.
- Associate positions require a bachelor’s or master’s degree in accounting
- Associates must be eligible to sit for the CPA exam or have CPA certification.
- GPA of 3.20 or higher (in major and overall) preferred.
- Previous experience or internships in a public accounting firm performing audit or tax work is a plus.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US without sponsorship for employment visa status now or in the future.
Take your career to the next level at a national CPA and advisory firm. At BKD, we offer the resources you need to go as far as your talent will take you. Build your skills focusing on specific industries and service areas while delivering unmatched client service to high-profile companies and organizations. Take a closer look at BKD, a stable, growing firm that offers you competitive compensation, People First benefits and paid time off.
Work with great people and experience rewarding career opportunities. Our approximately 2,900 CPAs, advisors and dedicated staff serve clients in 50 states and internationally.
Experience the BKD difference for yourself. For more information about our firm locations, visit bkd.com. BKD, LLP is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or other protected classifications.
BKD does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider unsolicited referrals and/or resumes from vendors including and without limitation, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies. BKD will not pay a fee to a recruiter or agency that does not have a signed BKD vendor agreement. Any resume or CV submitted to any employee of BKD without having a BKD vendor agreement in place will be considered property of BKD. BKD will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.