At BKD, our mission is to provide rewarding career opportunities and invest in the success of our people. Through award-winning learning and development, coaching and career advocacy programs, you will have the tools to make every play count and reach your professional goals. Along the way, you will have the opportunity to influence innovation and build long-lasting relationships. As a BKDer, you will be able to learn, lead, serve and be recognized for your contributions.
As a part of our People First culture, we invest in the well-being of our Trusted Advisors so they can provide Unmatched Client Service®. Click here to learn how we invest in our people: bkd.com/careers/our-investment-in-our-people.
Make your next play at BKD.
BKD, a national CPA, and advisory firm, can help individuals and businesses realize their goals. Our more than 3,000 dedicated professionals provide solutions for clients in all 50 states and internationally. BKD and its subsidiaries offer a variety of tax, accounting and consulting services and combine the insight and ideas of thought leaders in multiple industries. Learn more at bkd.com.
- Learn aspects of Global Mobility Services tax including individual income tax compliance, tax consulting and planning, social security tax compliance and withholding tax implications for employees and other high net worth individuals working inside and outside the U.S.
- Work with other professionals within our National Tax Services team as well as with tax professionals, both domestically and internationally, to assist with tax compliance requirements for Individuals owning foreign corporations, partnerships and other disregarded entities
- Provide tax consulting and compliance in a professional environment for the effective diagnosis, solution, development and implementation of tax solutions
- Help draft and assist in the delivery of client projects; utilizing quantitative analysis to solve issues that arise
- Assist with U.S. tax reporting for international transactions as well as informational foreign reporting
- Work with computer programs such as Microsoft Excel and GoSystems
Successful interns display the following skills and characteristics:
- Must be enrolled in and actively pursuing a Bachelor’s or master’s degree in accounting
- Must be striving to sit for the CPA exam or have CPA certification.
- GPA of 3.2 or higher (in major and overall) is strongly preferred.
- Previous experience or internships in a public accounting firm performing audit or tax work is a plus.
- Solid technical accounting knowledge
- Effective time management
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills preferred, including Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to work well with a team as well as independently
- Problem-solving attitude
- Willingness to take initiative
- Close attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and against deadlines.
Applicants for positions with BKD must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Experience the BKD difference for yourself. For more information about our firm locations, visit bkd.com. BKD, LLP is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or other protected classifications.
BKD does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider unsolicited referrals and/or resumes from vendors including and without limitation, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies. BKD will not pay a fee to a recruiter or agency that does not have a signed BKD vendor agreement. Any resume or CV submitted to any employee of BKD without having a BKD vendor agreement in place will be considered property of BKD. BKD will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.