Take your career to the next level at a national CPA and advisory firm. At BKD, we offer the resources you need to go as far as your talent will take you. Build your skills focusing on specific industries and service areas while delivering unmatched client service to high-profile companies and organizations.
Work with great people and experience rewarding career opportunities. Our CPAs, advisors and dedicated staff serve clients in 50 states and internationally.
Your journey starts here
As an intern at BKD, you will gain valuable experience that may help you decide whether you want to start your career in audit or tax, or even whether public accounting is right for you. You will work on client engagements similar to those assigned to our entry-level associates, gaining exposure to a variety of industries and testing out your technical know-how. You will work alongside our senior staff and management personnel, learning from their experience as you develop your skill set.
Depending on local office needs, internships are available in audit, tax, or a combination of the two and can be part-time or full-time. Generally, spring semester internships run from mid-January through April 15th.
Interns may take on the following responsibilities:
- Collaborate with client personnel to reconcile account differences and analyze financial data
- Complete audit testing on financial statement accounts such as cash, accounts payable, or fixed assets
- Help draft management letter comments and the audit report
- Prepare individual, corporate, partnership or other tax returns
- Calculate tax extension or estimate payments
- Participate in client meetings alongside BKD partners and managers
- Network with key executives and build mentor relationships
Successful interns display the following skills and characteristics:
- Solid technical accounting knowledge
- Effective time management
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills preferred, including Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to work well with a team as well as independently
- Problem-solving attitude
- Willingness to take initiative
- Close attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and against deadlines.
- Intern candidates must be working toward an accounting degree and CPA exam eligibility
- Maintaining a GPA of 3.2 or higher (in major and overall) preferred.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US without sponsorship for employment visa status now or in the future.
Experience the BKD difference for yourself. For more information about our firm locations, visit bkd.com. BKD, LLP is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or other protected classifications.
BKD does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider unsolicited referrals and/or resumes from vendors including and without limitation, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies. BKD will not pay a fee to a recruiter or agency that does not have a signed BKD vendor agreement. Any resume or CV submitted to any employee of BKD without having a BKD vendor agreement in place will be considered property of BKD. BKD will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.