Corporate Banking Summer Analyst – New York
BMO Financial Group
Established in 1817, BMO Financial Group is a highly diversified financial services provider based in North America. With total assets of $830 billion and a team of diverse and highly engaged employees, BMO provides a broad range of personal and commercial banking, wealth management and investment banking products and services to more than 12 million customers. BMO is the 8th largest bank in North America as measured by assets, as of April 30, 2019.
BMO Capital Markets
BMO Capital Markets is a leading, full-service North American-based financial services provider, with approximately 2,800 professionals in 33 locations around the world, including 19 offices in North America, offering corporate, institutional and government clients access to a complete range of investment and corporate banking products and services. BMO Capital Markets is a member of BMO Financial Group (NYSE, TSX: BMO), one of the largest diversified financial services providers in North America with US$665 billion total assets and over 45,000 employees as at January 31, 2020.
About Corporate Banking:
Corporate Banking is an integral part of BMO Capital Markets’ Investment and Corporate Banking group which offers corporate, institutional and government clients a complete range of financial services, including lending, equity and debt capital raising, structured finance, M&A, treasury and market risk management services, research and institutional investing. Corporate Banking is responsible for the marketing, management and monitoring of the Bank’s corporate loan portfolio, and also supports the credit requirements and cross selling efforts for other businesses including derivatives, foreign exchange, cash management, and trade finance.
Summer Program Overview:
The CB Summer Analyst program is designed for candidates between their second and third year of a undergraduate school. Summer analysts will gain valuable experience and exposure to a wide number of industries during the 10-week program. In addition to this on-the-job experience, the program includes the opportunity to network across various business groups, learn about the culture of BMO Capital Markets, participate in training and learning seminars, and obtain career guidance from dedicated mentors.
- Processing client requests (e.g. new credit facilities and extensions and/or amendments to existing credit facilities).
- Completing annual / interim credit reviews. Credit reviews include industry and financial analysis comprising of: operating performance, cash flow, leverage, coverage and liquidity, as well as capital-at-risk and other regulatory capital calculations.
- Monitoring performance of portfolio companies against credit terms and conditions and identify changes in the financial condition of a client.
- Preparing presentation materials and relationship profitability assessments, which involve liaising with other product and industry groups within BMO Capital Markets.
- Performing other duties including industry and company-specific research, as well as ad hoc projects for senior professionals.
- This position is ideally suited to talented, highly motivated individuals who seek to build a solid, comprehensive foundation in the basic skills of corporate banking. Opportunities are available in New York, Chicago and Houston.
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate business/accounting/finance program graduating in Dec. 2022 or Spring 2023
- GPA of 3.4/4/0
- Strong interest in finance and banking.
- Demonstrated leadership in extracurricular activities.
- Strong financial analysis and modeling skills.
- Proficient in Word/Excel/PowerPoint.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Detail oriented.
- Highly motivated, fast learning and able to work with limited supervision and adapt to frequent market, systems, and process changes.
- Outgoing and personable; team player able to work effectively in small groups.
- Knowledgeable in the principles of finance and the financial markets. Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Previous banking or credit risk management experience preferred.
- Legally authorized to work in the U.S. and will not require sponsorship in the future
How to Apply:
Please submit your application to both the BMO application link AND your career center portal:
We’re here to help
At BMO Harris Bank we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the center of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO Harris Bank team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset. To find out more visit us at https://bmoharriscareers.com.
BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. BMO Harris Bank N.A. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.