Corporate Banking Analyst – Global Trade
BMO Financial Group
Established in 1817, BMO Financial Group is a highly diversified financial services provider based in North America. With total assets of $830 billion and a team of diverse and highly engaged employees, BMO provides a broad range of personal and commercial banking, wealth management and investment banking products and services to more than 12 million customers. BMO is the 8th largest bank in North America as measured by assets, as of April 30, 2019.
BMO Capital Markets
BMO Capital Markets is a leading, full-service North American-based financial services provider, with approximately 2,800 professionals in 33 locations around the world, including 19 offices in North America, offering corporate, institutional and government clients access to a complete range of investment and corporate banking products and services. BMO Capital Markets is a member of BMO Financial Group (NYSE, TSX: BMO), one of the largest diversified financial services providers in North America with US$665 billion total assets and over 45,000 employees as at January 31, 2020.
About Corporate Banking:
Corporate Banking is an integral part of BMO Capital Markets’ Investment and Corporate Banking group which offers corporate, institutional and government clients a complete range of financial services, including lending, equity and debt capital raising, structured finance, M&A, treasury and market risk management services, research and institutional investing. Corporate Banking is responsible for the marketing, management and monitoring of the Bank’s corporate loan portfolio, and also supports the credit requirements and cross selling efforts for other businesses including derivatives, foreign exchange, cash management, and trade finance.
Our TP&S group provides treasury products solutions, advice and expertise tailored to the specific needs of corporate, institutional, and government clients across the globe to manage their cash-flow and capital. Includes access to information, streamlined receivables and payables process, optimizing investments and deposits, correspondent banking, interest rate derivatives, corporate card and spend solutions.
- Acts as the sales contact for the client for sales related questions such as product information, pricing, implementation timeframes and requirements.
- Acts as the key sales contact with the client to gather the required detailed information necessary to move the sale forward in the process, including completing all necessary documentation.
- Aids the team in pre-sales such as pitch preparation and client research and preparation of prospect and client files for action by the Sales Professional Planning.
- Seeks to develop an understanding of client needs and outcomes.
- Provides materials to support an outstanding client experience.
- Acts timely, efficiently and independently, taking ownership of client satisfaction.
- May include focused calling and pipeline management activities.
- Assists with more complex customer related issues.
- Identifies, records and escalates any potential risk issues and recommend workflow and administrative process alternatives to improve efficiencies and customer service.
- Develops solutions and makes recommendations based on an understanding of the business strategy and stakeholder needs
- Provides advice and guidance to assigned business/group on implementation of solutions.
- Supports the execution of strategic initiatives in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders
- Undergraduate candidate in business/accounting/finance graduating in December 2021 or Spring 2022
- Preferred minimum GPA of 3.4/4/0
- Strong interest in finance and banking.
- Demonstrated leadership in extracurricular activities.
- Strong financial analysis and modeling skills.
- Proficient in Word/Excel/PowerPoint.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Detail oriented.
- Highly motivated, fast learning and able to work with limited supervision and adapt to frequent market, systems, and process changes.
- Outgoing and personable; team player able to work effectively in small groups.
- Knowledgeable in the principles of finance and the financial markets. Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Previous banking or credit risk management experience preferred.
- Legally authorized to work in the U.S. and will not require sponsorship in the future