Global Markets Full Time Quant Analyst
BMO Financial Group
Established in 1817, BMO Financial Group is a highly diversified financial services provider based in North America. With total assets of $830 billion and a team of diverse and highly engaged employees, BMO provides a broad range of personal and commercial banking, wealth management and investment banking products and services to more than 12 million customers. BMO is the 8th largest bank in North America as measured by assets, as of April 30, 2019.
BMO Capital Markets
BMO Capital Markets is a leading, full-service North American-based financial services provider, with approximately 2,800 professionals in 33 locations around the world, including 19 offices in North America, offering corporate, institutional and government client’s access to a complete range of investment and corporate banking products and services. BMO Capital Markets is a member of BMO Financial Group (NYSE, TSX: BMO), one of the largest diversified financial services providers in North America with US$665 billion total assets and over 45,000 employees as at January 31, 2020.
Sales & Trading Rotational Analysts work in the Global Markets Group of BMO Capital Markets, comprising global fixed income, currency and commodities (FICC), Global Equity Products, Structured Products, Equity Research, and Cross Asset Solutions, serving our corporate, institutional and government clients. There is a defined onboarding training program and continuous professional development throughout the program.
The candidate selected for this program (July 2022) will participate in a 12 – 16-month rotation through various desks in the Global Markets business which may include a risk desk. Each rotation is 4 months in length and the Sales & Trading Analyst will gain exposure to a wide variety of products and services.
GM Rotational Analysts are fully integrated into the assigned desk. Responsibilities include, performing a variety of analytical and administrative assignments, working on relevant projects, and taking on daily task critical to the desk These assignments will vary widely from day to day and may include developing presentation materials using MS PowerPoint and MS Excel, programming, fielding client phone inquiries and providing other client contact support as necessary. Candidates will have the opportunity to work on solving interesting and challenging problems using their programming and quantitative skills in a dynamic and stimulating environment. These assignments will vary widely from day to day based on the needs of the business and the current market environment.
Responsibilities may include:
- Development and deployment of business solutions such as pricing and risk models;
- Improving on existing technology involving system infrastructure, internal reporting, client/management presentations, etc.;
- Work on bespoke projects requiring market, portfolio, or client research and data analytics;
- Creating and maintaining trading tools to analyze large amounts of market and trading data, and produce real-time analytics critical to business decision making;
- Developing front-end web applications and UI software that provides traders a platform to easily interact with different trading tools, and visualize results in real-time to facilitate orders, capture trades, and manage positions and risks;
- Improving on existing technology involving system infrastructure, internal reporting, client/management presentations, etc.
We are looking for highly motivated individuals who can work well in a team-based environment and seek a challenge.
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate program with a graduation date of December 2021 or Spring 2022;
- Strong academic record; minimum GPA of 3.4/4.0;
- Currently working towards a degree in: Engineering, Computer Science, Computing and Financial Management, Mathematics, Physics, or Statistics;
- Strong academic record and extracurricular achievement;
- Demonstrated interest in and knowledge of financial markets;
- Excellent research and analytical skills, able to collect, analyze and interpret data;
- Strong interpersonal skills used within a demanding team environment;
- Demonstrated proactivity, resiliency, positive attitude and high motivation;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to attentively review, assess and provide detailed information daily on multiple projects in an organized manner;
- Excellent capacity to independently function as part of a team through self -motivation;
- Strong work ethic and a high level of professional integrity;
- Detail and results orientated.
- Legally authorized to work in the U.S. and will not require sponsorship in the future
- Knowledge and/or experience in back end developer languages (C++, C#, Java, Python);
- Knowledge and/or experience of at least one type of statistical programming language (i.e. R, MatLab);
- Database experience (SQL, Oracle);
- Knowledge in web application development (React, Angular) and familiarity with modern UX design principles;
- Familiarity with data science (machine learning research), automation or other emerging technologies in the field of AI;
- Familiarity with data manipulation and strong quantitative/statistical background;
- Understanding of mathematical models;
- Fluency in Excel, including VBA including scripting and efficient spreadsheet design;
- Strong technical writing ability.