Investment Banking Summer Analyst
BMO Financial Group
Established in 1817, BMO Financial Group is a highly diversified financial services provider based in North America. With total assets of $830 billion and a team of diverse and highly engaged employees, BMO provides a broad range of personal and commercial banking, wealth management and investment banking products and services to more than 12 million customers. BMO is the 8th largest bank in North America as measured by assets, as of April 30, 2019.
BMO Capital Markets
BMO Capital Markets is a leading, full-service North American-based financial services provider, with approximately 2,800 professionals in 33 locations around the world, including 19 offices in North America, offering corporate, institutional and government clients access to a complete range of investment and corporate banking products and services. BMO Capital Markets is a member of BMO Financial Group (NYSE, TSX: BMO), one of the largest diversified financial services providers in North America with US$665 billion total assets and over 45,000 employees as at January 31, 2020.
Summer Analyst Program Overview:
The Summer Analyst program is designed for candidates between their junior and senior undergraduate years. The Program provides participants a practical experience in a dynamic capital markets environment. Summer analysts are assigned to a specific Investment Banking product or industry group during the 10-week program. In addition to this on-the-job experience, analysts will participate in a one-week training and orientation program. Throughout the summer, the program includes the opportunity to network with bankers across all levels as well as learn about the culture of BMO Capital Markets, participate in learning and development sessions, and obtain career guidance from dedicated mentors. The program is considered an initial interviewing step for the BMO Capital Markets full time Investment Banking program.
As an Investment Banking Summer Analyst at BMO Capital Markets, you will gain valuable exposure to a wide variety of industries and work with several financial products, including public and private debt and equity financings, mergers and acquisitions, and financial advisory. Specific responsibilities include:
- Conducting industry and company research and analysis
- Developing client presentations
- Writing internal and external marketing memoranda
- Running valuation analysis, financial analysis and completing complex modeling exercises
- Performing other tasks supporting client relationships and business development
BMO Capital Markets offers a practical, hands-on experience in a dynamic investment banking environment. We are looking for highly motivated, ambitious and mature individuals:
- Enrolled in an undergraduate degree program, graduating in Dec. 2022 or Spring 2023
- Interest in investment and corporate banking
- A preferred minimum GPA of 3.4/4.0
- Minimum of two college finance and accounting classes with grades “B” or higher
- Outstanding academic achievement, leadership experience and peer recognition
- Demonstrated leadership attributes in work, school or community
- Excellent analytic, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills used within a demanding team environment
- Demonstrated proactivity, resiliency, and an unfailingly positive attitude
- Excellent capacity to independently function as part of a team through self-motivation
- Strong work ethic and a high level of professional integrity
- Legally authorized to work in the U.S. and will not require sponsorship in the future
How to Apply:
Please submit your application to both the BMO application link and your career center portal. Please ensure the following items are submitted in your application:
3. Cover Letter
We’re here to help
At BMO Harris Bank we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the center of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO Harris Bank team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmoharriscareers.com.
BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. BMO Harris Bank N.A. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.