The Chicago office of Chapman and Cutler LLP is seeking a Practice Management Paraprofessional to join its Commercial Lending and Banking and Financial Services group. The Firm seeks a bright, hard-working candidate with strong communications skills and excellent attention to detail. Though preference will be given to candidates with project management experience and paraprofessional experience, we are willing to train and would like to hire a motivated individual interested in learning about our practice. Individuals who are looking to experience work in a law firm environment and have an interest in attending law school in 2-4 years are also encouraged to apply.
The responsibilities of the Practice Management Paraprofessional will include:
• Works closely with partners and deal teams to manage clients and deal work.
• Creates, monitors and updates a database of business development activities and client relationships. Creates and maintains client organization charts, updates client contact lists, coordinates database of client business development activities and schedules follow-up calls/meetings/events as needed.
• Maintains a database of all open deals, post-closing items and logistical information.
• Creates schedules for each deal, corresponds with deal team and sends deadline reminders and follow-up as needed.
• Coordinates UCC filings and support, ensuring deadlines are met.
• Manages organization of the practice, including maintaining forms and databases, managing client-specific and deal-specific forms, and working with Chapman Practice Innovations to create new database and technology solutions.
• Maintains database of RFPs and responses; tracks and provides updates on status.
• Conducts historical analysis of alternate fee agreements (AFAs) and advises on matter pricing.
• Assists with partner calendars and scheduling as needed.
• Analyzes existing systems and procedures and recommends improvements to ensure efficiency and cost-effectiveness.
• Assists with committee and firm management responsibilities as needed.
• Develops standard operating procedures for routine processes.
• Develops Smartsheet or utilizes other tools to manage tasks and deadlines.
The ideal candidate will have excellent project management and organization skills as well as strong interpersonal and communication skills. The ability to project professional presence and demonstrate flexibility in work assignments is essential.
• Bachelor’s degree required. Legal Project Management certification desired, but not required.
• Attention to detail and timelines. Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints. Capacity to effectively manage professional personnel and time sensitive assignments.
• Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills required in order to communicate and follow instructions effectively from a diverse group of clients, attorneys and staff.
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as part of a team.
• Ability to understand and utilize technology to locate information, set up databases and spreadsheets and work with form documents and other applications.
• Advanced Microsoft Excel experience.
• Committed to following all Firm security protocols and maintaining information security.
All applicants will be considered; however, the hiring decision will be made based on qualifications for the position.
Chapman and Cutler LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V/SO.