Combined Insurance, a Chubb Company, is seeking a Business Specialist to join our fast-paced, high energy, growing company. We are proud of our tradition of success in the insurance industry of over 90 years. Come join our team of hard-working, talented professionals
The Business Specialists will provide support with coordinating small scope projects and may also provide support as a sub-lead for medium sized projects.
Ensures timely and accurate completion of assigned duties and responsibilities to meet the project and executive leaderships’ expectations.
Leads and/or participates in the process in defining business processes and translating process to business requirements for system changes and enhancements.
Helps to lead the definitions of business requirements for new systems or system enhancements.
Leads and/or participates in defining user acceptance test scripts and performing user acceptance testing.
Communicates the status, risk and issues associated with each project component to the project team and leaders within the organization and leads the actions required (corrective or not) to ensure project outcomes are achieved.
If appropriate, coordinate vendor and staff efforts related to project execution.
Supports all stages in the life cycle of projects, including the early stages of project definition, CBA generation and initial approval by Governance Committees.
• Leads small projects comprised of independent cross-functional, cross-departmental teams and consultant team members assigned to the project, ensuring timely delivery of project and all deliverables.
• Works to define business requirements.
• Obtains appropriate level of approval for all project documentation assigned to ensure appropriate understanding of expectations among all stakeholders.
• Communicates project status to team and business owners throughout the duration of the assignment and post implementation to make certain all impacted stakeholders have an understanding of risks, issues and activities related to the project.
• Defines user acceptance test scripts and participates in user acceptance testing.
• Excellent interpersonal & communication skills.
• Ability to negotiate and resolve conflicts.
• Ability to build team cohesiveness to achieve results.
• Requires good oral and written presentation skills with attention to detail.
• Ability to promote a shared vision and customer focus.
• Strong client relationship skills with team focus.
Education and Experience
• 1-2 years of defining business requirements and working on project teams
• Undergraduate degree required.
• Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent certification preferred.
As a Chubb corporate employee, you have access to one of the most comprehensive benefit plans in the business, designed to meet your needs and help you reach your financial goals. Chubb is committed to supporting its employees with a comprehensive compensation package that is appropriate in the market where they work. Below are several of the many benefits we offer our employees:
• Health insurance
• Dental insurance
• Tuition reimbursement
• A company-match 401(k) plan
• Disability insurance
• Life insurance
• Employee referral bonuses
ABOUT COMBINED INSURANCE
Combined Insurance is a leading provider of individual supplemental accident, disability, health and life insurance products, and a Chubb company. With a field sales force and corporate staff in excess of 5,000 people worldwide, Combined Insurance meets the growing coverage needs of policyholders around the globe. We pride ourselves on being customer-centric, people-driven, accountable, performance-minded, and ethical. We invest in our employees and take the time to focus on their development, needs and career aspirations.
Our parent company, Chubb, is one of the world’s largest multiline property and casualty insurers. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients.
Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Google+