This individual will play a key role in the preparation of credit requests and provide support to the relationship managers.
Essential duties include:
- Underwrite credit transactions for all lines of business
- Analyze financial information and statements
- Analyze and identify risks associated with various commercial loans
- Preparation of credit requests
- Assist with other risk management and product initiatives
The Commercial Banking Training Program, based in Chicago, Illinois, is a key component to the development of our team of commercial bank relationship managers. Growing and developing top talent is one of our corporate values. It is the launching pad for a career in providing high-quality commercial banking services to middle market companies.
- 18-24 month training program including classroom learning and practical application
- Taught by professionals from our organization as well as select industry and topic experts
- Classroom phase: accounting, finance, credit analysis, business writing, financial modeling, relevant computer skills
- Practical experience: 90-day rotations with lending groups across the bank such as general commercial, commercial real estate, health care, construction and engineering, security alarm, private banking, and for-profit education.
- The program is designed to provide you with the skills you will need throughout your professional career, including sales, learning how to build your professional brand, and negotiation training. At the same time, you will gain real-world experience working alongside seasoned commercial middle market bankers. You will gain in-depth product knowledge in the areas of financing, treasury management, private banking, foreign exchange and derivatives. Upon completion of the training program, individuals are anticipated to be placed on a banking team subject to business needs, performance and individual interests.
Individuals in the program are full-time employees and eligible for company benefits. During their first 18-24 months of employment, we will dedicate our time to training.