What will your next career challenge offer? At CohnReznick, our people are talented, intellectually curious and driven to make a difference for our clients, community, and our firm. We are an organization bound together by a passion for excellence, respect for others, flexibility, integrity, and a strong desire to develop ourselves and others. We approach our engagements by on combining technical resources with an entrepreneurial spirt that allows use to solve for client needs in today’s dynamic business environment.
As one of the top professional services firms in the country, we understand our people are our most valuable assets. Clients turn to CohnReznick because of the people we hire, and as a CohnReznick employee, you will be equipped with top training and development opportunities and presented with new challenges to help you stretch and grow as a professional. Through formalized learning and on-the-job coaching and mentorship, CohnReznick is committed to your development. Let’s build something great together.
CohnReznick’s Government Contract Advisory Team has a great internship opportunity across multiple office locations. As a Summer Intern, works directly with all levels of the firm, including closely with Senior Associates and Managers, and performs test work on multiple types of contract audits (“DCAA type audits”) ranging from $10M-$2B. In addition, they provide consulting services to government contractors in the areas of FAR, Indirect Rates, CAS and Business Systems. They demonstrate professional creativity in dealing with client matters and make constructive suggestions to improve client operations. An Intern effectively analyzes transactions, recognizing potential allowability/allocability issues, conducts appropriate research, and works closely with Sr. Associates on resolving the issue.
Role and Responsibilities
Audit, Consulting and Accounting
- Performing audit procedures in accordance with firm standards and GAGAS in an accurate, thorough and timely manner
- Participation in pre-engagement planning, execution, and final deliverable
- Understand and apply concepts of materiality and audit risk.
- Prepare work papers that are informative, indexed, cross-referenced and can easily be understood and explained.
- Accept responsibility for, and complete tasks assigned by CohnReznick management in a timely fashion.
- Make effective use of firm resources to complete a project.
- Alert CohnReznick management in a timely fashion of any issues, constraints, challenges, and/or scheduling conflicts that may arise in completing the assigned task(s).
Skills & Qualifications:
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting
- Plan to complete 150 credit hours to be licensed between December 2022 – September 2023
- GPA > 3.0 required; GPA > 3.5 preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent problem-solving skills; ability to analyze a problem from different angles/approaches
- Demonstrated leadership abilities and experience working in teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ambitious learner with a passion for expanding their knowledge
- US. Citizen
Connect with us:
CohnReznick is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, clients, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For more information, please see Equal Employment Opportunity Posters
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include background check and credit check
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at CRaccommodation@cohnreznick.com Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and are not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.