Production Associate – 3rd Shift
We are looking for a talented Production Associate -3rd shift to join our team specializing in Manufacturing in North Charleston, South Carolina.
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
Operates machines and production equipment in accordance with quality and productivity requirements safely in a manufacturing environment with direct guidance.
Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE)
- Stop work and immediately report any major injury hazards.
- Report any work-related injury, illness, incident or hazard.
- Comply with HSE standards, policies, procedures & regulations.
- Use appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Promote interdependence by looking out for one another.
- Correct hazards within your control and capabilities.
- Recognize how your work may impact the environment and work to minimize the negative impact.
- Engage in HSE Training.
- Follows all applicable standard work, process documentation and quality procedures.
- Raises issues to minimize cost and quality exposures.
- Performs quality inspections.
- Identifies and controls non-conforming material.
- Operates manual and automated equipment to manufacture and assemble product in order to create the proper characteristics and dimensions necessary to meet customer expectations.
- Achieves production goals.
- Works at the required cycle time or defined engineering standard.
- Maintains clean and orderly work area, including routine housekeeping tasks and machine cleaning tasks and performs planned operator care and maintenance tasks.
- Remains flexible and performs other miscellaneous duties, as required, to meet production goals.
- Works with peers, skilled trades and support staff to maintain and identify equipment needing repair.
- Communicates effectively with the assigned team and with all support teams.
- Completes training and personal development in line with business requirements.
- Participates actively in ways to improve quality, safety, process, material flow, and employee development.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
- High school diploma or certificate of completion of secondary education or equivalent experience to the extent such experience meets applicable regulations.
- This position may require licensing for compliance with export controls or sanctions regulations.
- Minimal or no work experience required.
- Team-based work environment training
- Capable of learning and operating all machines
- Ability to operate simultaneous machining / assembly operations
- Ability to understand and use process documentation, standardized work procedures and basic quality control skills
- Shift work – may require flexibility to work alternative shifts as business requires.
- Overtime and Weekend work mandatory as business demand requires.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by manager