How to Apply
1. Campus career center application: When applying through your Campus Career Center, you will need to submit your cover letter, resume, and unofficial transcripts. Please submit your resume and unofficial transcripts on both the campus career center as well as on the Deloitte career site. You may use the following naming convention when naming your documents First, Last, type of document, date (e.g., John Doe Resume_09_15_20).
2. Deloitte Website Application: You are required to apply through the Deloitte website for legal purposes. Please go to https://deloitteus.avature.net/su/97050cb07b0ebdad and complete a profile. This position has a start season timing of Summer/Fall 2022.
Full Time Tax Consultant
Managing taxes is a critical part of an effective business strategy. As a tax consultant, you’ll join our team of talented tax professionals to help clients analyze the tax effect of complex decisions, reduce overall tax rates, and pursue performance objectives. We’re looking for people who are highly-motivated, out-of-the-box thinkers. If you enjoy a challenge and thrive in a fast-pace environment, then you may be the right fit for the role.
Work you’ll do
As a tax consultant, you will work directly with clients, building a relationship as a trusted tax specialist and advisor — the “go-to” tax professional. You will collaborate daily as part of high-performing teams, developing solutions to complex tax issues through research, use of cutting edge technology, and consultation with other team members. Daily tasks may include researching tax regulations, understanding the applicable tax implications for specific clients and making recommendations based on your findings. You will commonly work with multiple clients at the same time, providing you exposure to a variety of organizations and a stronger understanding of applicable tax implications for different clients.
At Deloitte, our tax consultants provide a full-range of tax services to clients. We help our clients combine tax data, processes, technology, and people in new ways to uncover valuable business insights and arrive at smarter solutions to business challenges. Our team members work collaboratively and apply their specialized knowledge and experience to help clients navigate past complex tax and financial reporting issues. We offer deep insights into their business practices and procedures and help them make more informed decisions to enhance their business’ efficiencies.
· Bachelor of Science/Business Administration, Master of Science in Accounting or Taxation
· Strong academic track record (minimum GPA of 3.0)
· Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments, and manage assignments in a team environment
· Relevant work experience (e.g. internships, summer positions, school jobs)
· CPA exam eligibility before beginning full-time employment
· Travel up to 50% (While 50% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
· Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
· The start date for this position will be in Summer/Fall 2022
· Technology-related coursework highly desirable
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
Our people and culture
Our inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.