Job Title: Clearing and Settlement Operator
Corporate Title: Analyst
Location: Jacksonville, FL
The Clearing and Settlement Analyst is accountable for managing the end-to-end clearing and settlement process ensuring smooth and timely market settlement of securities and cash transfers between the Bank’s counterparties. This includes clearing and settlement through primary and secondary markets, or direct payment to clients and banks. The Clearing and Settlement Analyst supports interfaces with different internal and external stakeholders (front office, clients, brokers, Nostro agents, exchanges and clearing houses) involved in the clearing and settlement process chain, according to the market standards. The role is responsible for trade date to settlement date processes (pre-matching and confirmation, trade processing, cash transfer, instruction routing, depot and inventory management, funding and settlement monitoring) and post-settlement date processes (fails management).
What We Offer You:
- We offer competitive health and wellness benefits, empowering you to value life in and out of the office
- Active engagement with the local community through Deutsche Bank’s specialized employee groups
- An environment that encourages networking and collaboration across functions and businesses
Hear from our people and look inside our office: DB@The Muse
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Allocation of principal and interest payments and dividends to client investment accounts
- Settlement of trades, voluntary and mandatory corporate actions processing, as well as generation & control of wire payments
- Respond to inquiries that are received on the customer service phone line or group email accounts
- Cross training on team functions, same day cash and position reconciliations, research and resolution of historical transactions, and proof reconciliations
- End of day review of checklists assigned to ensure all critical tasks were completed within the prescribed timeframes
- Support of user access testing, production verification testing, process improvement evaluation, and implementation for the US custody operations group
Your Skills and Experience:
- The ability to problem solve with minimal supervision and good attention to detail
- Disciplined approach to problem resolution and an understanding of risk mitigation
- The ability to understand process flows and apply the relevant controls
- Securities and financial services experience within an operations environment is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university (or equivalent)
Our values define the working environment we strive to create – diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.