Frank, Rimerman + Co. LLP is seeking driven, passionate and collaborative individuals to join our sophisticated and growing tax practice. This position can be based out of our San Jose, San Francisco, or Palo Alto office. Group start dates are late July 2022 and early January 2023. Should your employment timeline differ, we may also be able to accommodate individual start dates.
You will work closely with our Managers and Partners to provide innovative tax solutions for our unique and diverse client base, including ultra-high-net-worth individuals, pre-IPO entities, and publicly traded companies in a variety of industries. Our environment enables you to interact directly with these high caliber clients and gain insight into what is up and coming in Silicon Valley. As an Associate you will develop the technical, professional, leadership and interpersonal skills that will help you establish a successful career.
- Developing a well-rounded tax foundation through income tax planning and return preparation for a variety of clients (individual, fiduciary, partnership, corporate and not-for-profit)
- Attending client meetings and engagement planning meetings
- Preparing quarterly estimates using appropriate techniques
- Implementing federal, state and foreign tax minimization strategies
- Growing your understanding of the tax law and line item components of a tax return
- Sharpening your accounting skills by creating financial statements from bank statements, booking journal entries, generating personal balance sheets/net worth statements, etc.
- Assisting businesses with provisions, international tax issues, multi-state issues, and mergers and acquisitions, amongst other specialized services
- Helping individuals build their legacies through estate and gift tax planning as well as charitable giving and philanthropy services
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s and/or Master’s program in business with an emphasis in accounting or taxation
- Final graduation date between December 2021 and June 2022
- Educational requirements (150 semester/225 quarter units) for California CPA licensure completed prior to start date
- Minimum GPA of 3.0, with a higher major GPA preferred
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States. This position is not eligible for sponsorship and we do not sponsor applicants for work visas.
How to Apply:
To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter and an unofficial copy of your college transcript(s) via this job posting. In your cover letter, we would appreciate learning more about your interest in establishing your career in the Bay Area. Interviews will be conducted via Zoom. Selected candidates will be contacted to schedule a date and time.
Frank, Rimerman is consistently recognized as “One of the Best Places to Work” by the Silicon Valley Business Journal and one of the top 20 firms in the nation by Vault Career Intelligence. We are proud to be called one of the “Best of the Best” by Inside Public Accounting. We believe that along with pursuing your professional career, you should also have time for a life outside of work. Our culture is focused around our employees’ interests, both inside and outside the office.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States. This position is not eligible for sponsorship and we do not sponsor applicants for work visas. It is our policy and intent to provide equal opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, or medical condition as defined in state and federal laws. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.