ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we connect people, capital and ideas to help solve problems for our clients. We are a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities and investment management services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals.
ABOUT OUR ROLES IN RISK
The Risk Division aims to effectively identify, monitor, evaluate, and manage the firm’s financial and operational risks – including reputational risk – in support of the firm’s strategic plan. Operating in a fast and changing environment and utilizing the best in class risk framework, Risk teams are analytically curious, have an aptitude to challenge, and an unwavering commitment to excellence. Our activities are organized into six risk disciplines.
Analysts joining Risk teams will partner with business lines to manage and capitalize the Firm against market, credit, liquidity, enterprise, model and operational risks as well as debt underwriting. Candidates will develop a deep intuition for an industry leading risk management framework that effectively balances risk and reward in an increasingly dynamic and complex market environment. Additional Responsibilities Below:
– Work in an exciting fast-paced environment to solve challenging problems
– Engage in work that exercises your creativity and initiative
– Execute day-to-day risk management activities
– Lead projects and contribute to ongoing advancement of a robust risk program
– Effectively coordinate with executive management, business units, control departments, and technology
The Risk Division seeks a wide variety of skillsets including but not limited to:
– Interest and enthusiasm in the Risk Division
– Analytical problem solving skills
– Experience analyzing financial statements
– Intellectual curiosity and self-motivation
– Integrity and sound judgment
– Experience in data modeling, appreciated but not required
The Risk Division looks for candidates who have an unwavering commitment to excellence, thrive in fast paced environments, and are able to work well in teams.
We look for candidates with outstanding academic achievements in academic and extracurricular activities.