Grainger is North America’s leading B2B distributor of maintenance, repair, and operating supplies and related services. Our purpose is to keep the world working, which is why more than five million customers across industries like commercial, government, healthcare, and manufacturing rely on us for products and solutions to keep their people safe and their operations running.
At Grainger, team members have the freedom to be curious. They have the resources to grow and the space to. We understand and celebrate the need to hear, respect and apply unique perspectives to succeed. This is the way forward – the way to boost your career while delivering positive change for all people.
We’re hiring Distribution Supervisors to join our Inbound (receiving and put-away) and Outbound (picking and packing) teams!
You will oversee the daily operations in a functional area and lead a team (20-25) until the work is completed for the day. You will report to and support the Process Manager or Sr. Operations Manager to ensure accurate product receipt, order fulfillment, and the optimization of resources and processes. You will analyze and determine a solution related to distribution, quality, cycle time and important metrics and team member safety, compliance with procedures and workflow improvements. You will affect team member performance by promoting a workplace where team members are engaged and committed to the success of the Company.
- Work in a multi-shift operation with extended hours of operation. 85% time on warehouse environment which may include in the actual flow when needed, 15% office, training, customer contact.
- Manage daily scheduling, staffing, material management, compliance, training and auditing activities.
- Provide coaching, timely feedback, and development to team members ensuring everyone is treated fairly and with respect. This includes performance evaluations, recognition and disciplinary action.
- Provide a positive and engaging working environment focusing on the DC metrics including housekeeping standards are developed into daily processes.
- Identify important variables that influence the workflow process and implement department changes enhancing workflow optimization to meet customer requirements which include deadlines and quality standards
- Develop performance measurements and internal auditing processes to evaluate operations efficiency and quality.
- Ensure compliance with Company, OSHA, DOT, EPA regulations with emphasis on HazMat, and PIE requirements. Certify the handling/shipping of hazardous materials comply with government regulations and Grainger policies.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent
- 2+ years previous leadership or supervisor experience in high-volume, multi-shift, order fulfillment distribution center
- Lift 60+ lbs. may be needed
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite, SAP and warehouse management systems.
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance coverage starts day one
- Paid time off (PTO) days and 6 company holidays per year
- 6% 401(k) company contribution each pay period
- Eligible for our Distribution Center Incentive Program paid annually
- Eligibility for Exempt Shift Differential for exempt team members who work 50% or more of their time between 7 p.m. – 7 a.m. (overnight)
- Employee discounts, parental leave, and more
- Safety shoes provided
- Visit GraingerTotalRewards.com for more information on our benefits!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.