Grainger’s Financial Development Program is designed to provide recent college graduates or early in career staff a broad and well-rounded learning experience. Participants will complete 3 one-year rotations designed to enhance technical and leadership skills needed to succeed at Grainger. These rotations can include, but not limited to: financial accounting, tax, treasury, audit, financial planning & analytics, finance operations and shared services. We are committed to growing team member skillsets and ensuring they have the right foundation to be successful. Upon successful completion of the program the Graduates will become Senior-level professionals (e.g. analysts, accountants, auditors) and become well rounded individuals known as our Finance athletes. Our program is built on the following foundational pillars (1) Experience (2) Exposure and (3) Professional Development:
- Broad and Cross Functional Opportunities: Participants will experience exponential growth technically, analytically and professionally across multiple functions including International opportunities. This allows participants to gain in-depth knowledge of the business and allow them to add value throughout the organization.
- Build Your Knowledge: Program participants are placed into one-year rotations that complement their current skill sets along with challenging in new areas by engaging with different perspectives on Finance within a corporate environment. This will enable a broad foundation that will benefit the team member’s development.
- Onboarding: Program participants will go through a comprehensive onboarding process, and participate in structured development sessions.
- Skillset Development: Receive on-going coaching to enhance communication, leadership, presentation, and analytical skillsets.
- Leadership Exposure: Meet with executive leaders to learn about different areas of the business.
- Mentorship: Throughout the program, participants receive direct feedback from a peer-mentor, their manager and the program director to help them in their professional development.
- Network: Each rotation will allow the program participants to grow their network and build positive working relationships.
- Community Involvement: Participants give back to the community through program organized philanthropy efforts and have great team building opportunities.
- Have Fun: Participate in company lunch and learns, attend social events with your fellow FDP colleagues, and more.
Financial Development Program Minimum Requirements:
- Cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher.
- Currently enrolled in a college or University and working towards a bachelors’ degree in accounting, finance, economics, statistics, analytics, data science, or masters in accountancy with strong performance in related business subjects or have successfully completed an undergraduate degree in the above concentrations with 1-2 years of related work experience.
- Intermediate level of expertise in MS Office is required (especially enhance Excel capabilities such as v-lookups and using pivot tables).
- Proven analytical skills including an ability to synthesize information, reach logical conclusions, evaluate and improve processes.
- Proven communication (written / verbal), interpersonal and leadership skills required.
- No visa sponsorships.
- Proven ability to enhance business knowledge or leadership skills through internships, on-campus involvement.
- For accounting majors, CPA’s or desire to work toward certification.
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.