Grainger is the leading distributor of industrial supplies, maintenance, repair and operating (MRO) equipment, tools and materials. With easy access to over 1.7 million products, dedicated reps, industry-specific services and resources, we are here to help with all our customer’s business needs. As the 10th largest e-retailer in 2019 with over 90 years of industry experience, we are the ones who get it done.
Grainger’s Marketing Internship Program is designed to provide college students with relevant business critical project work. Internships will last 10 weeks and are designed to enhance business knowledge, technical and leadership skills needed to succeed at Grainger. Interns within the program will be placed on one of our Marketing teams specializing in Digital Marketing Channels, Offline Marketing Channels, Operations, Creative, Analytics and more. We are committed to growing team member skillsets and ensuring they have the right foundation to be successful. Our program is built on the pillars of (1) Experience, (2) Exposure and (3) Professional Development.
Broad and Cross Functional Opportunities: Interns will experience exponential growth technically, analytically and professionally across multiple functions. This will allow interns to gain more in-depth knowledge of the business and allow them to add value throughout the organization.
- Onboarding: Comprehensive onboarding process and structured development sessions.
- Skillset Development: On-going coaching to enhance communication, leadership, presentation, and analytical skillsets.
- Learning Sessions: Learn about Marketing, Strategy, and the team’s that keep Grainger going
- Mentorship: Throughout the program, interns receive direct feedback from a peer-mentor, their manager and the program director to help them in their professional development.
- Network: Interns will be able to grow their network and build positive working relationships.
Marketing Internship Requirements:
- Currently enrolled in a college or University and working towards a bachelors’ degree in marketing, business administration, business systems, analytics, math or similar interest in marketing
- Proven communication (written / verbal), interpersonal and leadership skills required
- Proven quantitative analysis skills focused on analyzing data and identifying insights and trends.
- Ability to build presentations and present to large groups.
- No visa sponsorships
Marketing Internship Preferred Experiences:
- Minimum GPA of 3.5 is preferred
- Proven ability to enhance business knowledge, leadership and project management skills through internships, on-campus involvement & campus consulting organizations
- Technical/analytical second major, minor, coursework or project experience
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.