Please apply to the position/location you are most interested in. In order to be considered for this position you must:
1. Apply through the Grant Thornton Job portal at https://www.grantthornton.com/careers
2. Search 100522 to locate this position
3. Please include your resume and transcript
Who is Grant Thornton?
Hi. We’re Grant Thornton LLP, the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd (A.K.A. one of the world’s leading organizations of independent audit, tax and advisory firms.) With us, business feels more personal — for our clients and for you. That makes us different. Better. And we’re looking for applicants who are too.
Different how? It means working with numbers doesn’t make you a number. Here, your voice matters. Our inclusive community and caring culture rejects limits and egos, which helps make our work stronger and you thrive. From our global clients and no-silos style, we empower you with opportunity from day one, then set you up for long-term success with flexibility, resources and connections. It’s how we help you create a career you love — and more.
Interested? Get to know us better at gt.com/careers and read on to learn more how you’ll help us become even bolder:
What is Audit?
Grant Thornton’s Audit practice provides our clients with valuable insight regarding managing risk and improving business performance. We assist our clients with improving their overall financial reporting processes. Our goal is to help our clients better understand their business by keeping them regularly informed about their financial progress and by discussing accounting, financial, and regulatory developments that may impact their business.
Why become an Audit Intern at Grant Thornton?
During your internship at Grant Thornton, you will be exposed to audit procedures in the areas of cash, receivables, inventory, fixed assets, payrolls, and expense analysis. You will have an opportunity to work alongside Partners, Senior Executives, and peers as a member of the engagement team. Additionally, you will have an opportunity to learn new skillsets, be involved in office community activities, and build lasting relationships with members of the Grant Thornton team. Your internship will include, but will not be limited to, the following:
· Working on a variety of client engagements in varying industries
· Networking with your peers
· Meeting with your mentor for regular feedback and professional development discussions
· Connecting with fellow interns and Grant Thornton staff at social events
· Participating in team-building exercises
• Giving back to the community through outreach activities
• Sharpening your leadership skills
Additional Job Responsibilities Include
· Reviewing and auditing business transaction cycles including cash, treasury, capital expenditures, and other income and expenses
· Researching audit issues, utilizing electronic data bases, and review-tracking financial information utilizing audit related software
· Identifying, assessing, and informing senior staff members of audit related issues
· Collaboratively working with client team members while building rapport and strong client relationships
· Working closely with staff, managers, and partners on all phases of the project
· Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting
· Major and overall minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0
· The willingness and ability to work additional hours, as needed, and travel to various client sites
· Excellent analytical, communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
· Strong technical aptitude and skillset
· Demonstrated project management skillset including project planning and time management
· Ability to work efficiently and effectively in a complex team environment
Grant Thornton LLP offers an outstanding opportunity for career growth and development, an attractive compensation and incentive program, generous benefits including immediate participation in our 401(k) plan, and a flexible work environment that offers individual enrichment opportunities in a team environment.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.