Please apply to the position/location you are most interested in. In order to be considered for this position you must:
1. Apply through the Grant Thornton Job portal at https://www.grantthornton.com/careers
2. Search 100990 to locate this position
3. Please include your resume and transcript
Who is Grant Thornton?
Hi. We’re Grant Thornton LLP, the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd (A.K.A. one of the world’s leading organizations of independent audit, tax and advisory firms.) With us, business feels more personal — for our clients and for you. That makes us different. Better. And we’re looking for applicants who are too.
Different how? It means working with numbers doesn’t make you a number. Here, your voice matters. Our inclusive community and caring culture rejects limits and egos, which helps make our work stronger and you thrive. From our global clients and no-silos style, we empower you with opportunity from day one, then set you up for long-term success with flexibility, resources and connections. It’s how we help you create a career you love — and more.
Interested? Get to know us better at gt.com/careers and read on to learn more how you’ll help us become even bolder:
What is Tax?
Grant Thornton’s tax specialists complement our clients’ accounting teams while maintaining their auditors’ independence with our compliance services and customized tax planning advice. We have capabilities to advise our clients on various tax strategies including federal tax services, state and local tax services, international tax services, industry tax services, family wealth planning, and compensation and benefit plan design, as well as consult on other complex tax matters.
Why become a Tax Associate at Grant Thornton?
As a Tax Associate at Grant Thornton, your primary responsibilities will consist of tax consulting and tax return preparation duties, including tax research, tax planning, and the preparation of supporting work papers for various tax returns and tax related projects. You will work with a variety of entities such as corporations, partnerships, estates, trusts, and non-profits. In addition, you will be exposed to a variety of industries including real estate, consumer industrial products, not-for-profits, and healthcare. Procedures vary depending on the type of engagement and associate experience. Procedures may range from reviewing computer input to working on a tax project from start to finish. You will work closely with seniors, managers, and partners on all phases of the project. Grant Thornton has opportunities within its Federal, State and Local Tax, International Tax, Strategic Federal Tax, and Private Wealth Service lines. Additional job responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to, the following:
- Reviewing data input, identifying and resolving technical tax issues, and assisting in the review of tax preparation completed by our firm in India
- Responding to inquiries from the IRS and other taxing authorities
- Identifying, researching, and assessing various tax issues while also providing information to senior staff members
- Providing on-the-job training to junior staff members
- Identifying and carrying out other projects as assigned
- Collaboratively working with client team members while building rapport and strong client relationships
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting, Juris Doctorate, or Tax LLM
- Major and overall minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0
- Completion of necessary education hours to be eligible for CPA licensure or licensed attorney status
- The willingness and ability to work additional hours, as needed, and travel to various client sites
- Excellent analytical, communication (written and verbal), and interpersonal skills
- Strong technical aptitude and skillset
- Demonstrated project management skillset including project planning and time management
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively in a complex team environment
Grant Thornton LLP provides both local and national training programs related to an individual’s job responsibilities. We are committed to ongoing professional development and we encourage individuals to attend outside training seminars.
Grant Thornton LLP offers an outstanding opportunity for career growth and development, an attractive compensation and incentive program, generous benefits including immediate participation in our 401(k) plan, and a flexible work environment that offers individual enrichment opportunities in a team environment.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
At Grant Thornton, we are committed to providing you with the training and support you need to achieve your career aspirations. That is why at Grant Thornton we provide financial support and incentives as you pursue your goal of passing the bar exam and becoming a licensed attorney.