Please apply to the position/location you are most interested in. In order to be considered for this position you must:
1. Apply through this job portal (including resume and transcript)
2. Apply through the Grant Thornton Job portal at www.grantthornton.com/careers (including resume and transcript) job number: 102040
Who is Grant Thornton?
Hi. We’re Grant Thornton LLP, the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd (A.K.A. one of the world’s leading organizations of independent audit, tax and advisory firms.) With us, business feels more personal — for our clients and for you. That makes us different. Better. And we’re looking for applicants who are too.
Different how? It means working with numbers doesn’t make you a number. Here, your voice matters. Our inclusive community and caring culture rejects limits and egos, which helps make our work stronger and you thrive. From our global clients and no-silos style, we empower you with opportunity from day one, then set you up for long-term success with flexibility, resources and connections. It’s how we help you create a career you love — and more.
Interested? Get to know us better at gt.com/careers and read on to learn more how you’ll help us become even bolder:
Grant Thornton’s Transactions professionals are progressive thinkers who provide value added solutions to solve complex client problems centered around value, expedite the transaction process and realize value for our clients. Our advisory practice creates holistic solutions delivered by innovative, curious professionals who bring technical depth and industry insight to our clients. Specific offerings include: investment value and business modeling; outsourced corporate development; M&A advisory; valuation for financial reporting and tax; corporate advisory and interim management; capital asset solutions; and IPO preparation.
Spotlight on Transactions
Our transactions services help companies identify, understand, manage and maximize organizational value through:
- Investment value analysis
- Financial reporting valuation and reserve analysis
- Fairness opinions
- Tax planning and compliance
- Merger and acquisitions
- Purchase price allocations
- Complex financial instruments valuation and reporting
- Tangible asset valuation
- Fresh start accounting valuation
- Ongoing impairment testing of acquired assets
- Board services with a focus on M&A transactions, distributions, liquidations, reorganizations, bankruptcies, spinoffs, or taxable sales of stock or assets
Why become a Transactions Intern?
As an Intern you will have an opportunity to work alongside Partners, Senior Executives, and peers as a member of the engagement team. Additionally, you will have an opportunity to learn new skillsets, be involved in office community activities, and build lasting relationships with members of the Grant Thornton team. Your experience will include, but will not be limited to, the following:
- Working on a variety of client engagements in varying industries
- Networking with your peers
- Meeting with your mentor for regular feedback and professional development discussions
- Connecting with fellow interns and Grant Thornton staff at social events
- Participating in team-building exercises
- Giving back to the community through outreach activities
- Sharpening your leadership skills
What are we looking for in a Transactions Intern?
Interested candidates should display an affinity for learning and problem-solving skills as well as have the adaptability to work cross-functionally within the Transactions practice. Interested candidates should be self-starters and should demonstrate strength in or a desire to build skills related to Grant Thornton’s core values of: Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect and Responsibility.
- Bachelor’s, MBA or Master’s degree in Accounting and/or Finance
- Overall minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0
- Willingness and ability to work additional hours and travel to various client sites (as needed)
- Excellent analytical, communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Strong technical aptitude and problem-solving skills
- Effective project and time management skills for handling multiple priorities and simultaneous projects
- Enthusiasm to learn through a combination of structured, on-the-job and self-directed training
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively in a team environment
- High level of expertise with computer skills including Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Word
- Highly analytical with expertise in financial analysis and modeling, econometrics, statistics, and regression analysis.
- Desire to pursue applicable professional certifications (e.g. CPA, ASA, CFA, CVA, ABV, AVA CIRA, CTP, CDBV, PMP or CSCP)
Grant Thornton provides both local and national training programs related to an individual’s job responsibilities. We are committed to ongoing professional development and we encourage individuals to attend outside training seminars.
Grant Thornton LLP offers an outstanding opportunity for career growth and development, an attractive compensation and incentive program, generous benefits including immediate participation in our 401(k) plan, and a flexible work environment that offers individual enrichment opportunities in a team environment.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.