Please apply to the position/location you are most interested in. In order to be considered for this position you must:
1. Apply through this job portal (including resume and transcript)
2. Apply through the Grant Thornton Job portal at www.grantthornton.com/campuscareers (including resume and transcript)
Who is Grant Thornton?
Grant Thornton is a collaborative, entrepreneurial firm on the move! As part of a dynamic, global organization of more than 42,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, we have the agility and focus it takes to be a leader.
Founded in Chicago in 1924, Grant Thornton LLP (Grant Thornton) is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd, one of the world’s leading organizations of independent audit, tax and advisory firms. Grant Thornton has revenue in excess of $1.56 billion and operates 58 offices across the United States with more than 565 partners and 8,000+ employees.
Grant Thornton works with a broad range of publicly and privately held companies, government agencies, financial institutions, and civic and religious organizations. Core industries served include consumer and industrial products, financial services, not-for-profit, private equity, and technology. Grant Thornton focuses on serving dynamic organizations that pursue growth holistically – whether through revenue improvement, leadership, mission fulfillment or innovation.
We are committed to capitalizing on our strengths and serving dynamic organizations that share our values and drive. Our global values of collaboration, leadership, excellence, agility, respect, and responsibility (“CLEARR”) guide our behaviors and fuel our ambition to be the firm that makes a difference every day.
We provide companies with the guidance that they need to help run their businesses, establish robust internal controls, use information effectively and improve performance. These services include compliance, consulting services, information technology solutions, forensic accounting and investigative services, recovery and reorganization, tax preparation, and valuation, to name a few.
In a fast-track, technology-enabled world, organizations need great strategies that unlock big moves and bold ideas. To face head-on challenges like disruptive technologies, global competition, changing business models and increasing customer and employee expectations, today’s businesses must raise their agility game.
Grant Thornton’s Transformation team of professionals helps clients fine-tune their organizations for optimal performance, fuel innovative cultures and transform value to become agile, forward-thinking organizations ready for whatever the future may bring. Clients rely on us to help them through their critical business issues and position them to thrive in an evolving marketplace. Our core solutions range finance transformation, organizational and operational transformation and technology transformation, customized to our client’s specific industry, needs and scale.
Why become a Transformation Associate?
Transformation Associates work within a dynamic group of consulting professionals to enable organizational change and transform finance and accounting functions and processes through the effective use of technology. Transformation’s role is to provide our clients with solutions that address a broad range of process, technology and organizational needs within Finance, HR, Supply Chain, Sale, Marketing, Change Assurance and more.
Our Associates serve as trusted advisors to our clients and serve as support team members on more complex engagements. They work hand-in-hand with our senior leaders, tackling complex issues and guaranteeing project timelines and deliverables are successfully achieved.
Our client engagement opportunities include, but are not limited to:
- Analysis and strategic assessments of client requirements and issues
- Process improvement
- Complex program governance and management
- Large-scale technology implementations
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
What are we looking for in a Transformation Associate?
Interested candidates should display an affinity for learning and problem-solving skills as well as have the adaptability to work cross-functionally within the Transformation practice. Interested candidates should be self-starters and should demonstrate strength in or a desire to build skills related to Grant Thornton’s core values of: Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect and Responsibility.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business Administration, Operations, Supply Chain, Finance, Accounting, Management Information Systems, Informatics, Data Analytics, Change Management/Organizational Development, and more
- Major and overall minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0
- Ability to travel on short notice and work additional hours as necessary
- Ability to ravel 75%-100% as required
- Ability to think independently, maintain a professional demeanor, and be willing to work in a collaborative environment
- Interest to work cross functionally throughout different processes within an organization
- Proactively tackle project challenges, seek guidance as necessary, and ensure successful on-time completion of identified or assigned tasks in high-pressure environments
- Assist practice leadership in creating proposals, budgets, and work plans. Participate in other business development activities as appropriate.
- Effective project and time management skills for handling multiple priorities and simultaneous projects
- Excellent analytical, communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Strong technical aptitude and problem-solving skills
- Enthusiasm to learn through a combination of structured, on-the-job and self-directed training
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively in a complex team environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Visio, Word, Excel, and Project)
- Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (utilization)
- Other duties as assigned
Grant Thornton LLP provides both local and national training programs related to an individual’s job responsibilities. We are committed to ongoing professional development and we encourage individuals to attend outside training seminars.
Grant Thornton LLP offers an outstanding opportunity for career growth and development, an attractive compensation and incentive program, generous benefits including immediate participation in our 401(k) plan, and a flexible work environment that offers individual enrichment opportunities in a team environment.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.